60hz monitor

mojoe90

Looking for suggestions on a good 60hz monitor for games like world of Warcraft. graphics card is gtx 1060. 

10 minutes ago, mojoe90 said:

Looking for suggestions on a good 60hz monitor for games like world of Warcraft. graphics card is gtx 1060. 

Any budget you have in mind, what size would you like?

https://www.benq.com/en-us/monitor/entertainment/ew2780q.html

I have a similar but 144hz EX2780Q

the sound is very good, but only after installing Benq drivers, with windows default drivers it was too much bass and hard to understand speech.

and gets signal in bios only via DP cable, probably the 60hz one wouldn't have this problem

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

16 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Any budget you have in mind, what size would you like?

Around 25inch, Under 500$. I'd like to stay with 60hz so the graphics card doesn't really have to work that hard. 

7 minutes ago, mojoe90 said:

Around 25inch, Under 500$. I'd like to stay with 60hz so the graphics card doesn't really have to work that hard. 

I use 144hz only in windows,  in games I usually select 60hz in the game settings ( I have 1660 super ), sometimes even 30 ( SOTR )

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

Just now, omuleanu said:

I use 144hz only in windows,  in games I usually select 60hz in the game settings ( I have 1660 super ), sometimes even 30 ( SOTR )

does using a 144hz monitor at 60hz effect it's performance? 

33 minutes ago, mojoe90 said:

does using a 144hz monitor at 60hz effect it's performance? 

no, it doesn't affect the GPU or the monitor, 

the only difference for my Benq is that it is better to set AMA (response time setting) at Premium for 144hz and High at 60hz, but I use it almost always at Premium

1 hour ago, mojoe90 said:

At $500 you could get yourself a pretty nice G-Sync Compatible display that can sync the refresh rate to the FPS your nVidia card can manage. Highly recommend, really smooths out the gameplay, and is waaaaay better than oldschool V-Sync. Even consoles support variable refresh rate now. I have the LG 27GL850-B UltraGear and it's a nice display. I've seen a slightly smaller 1080p version that still has the G-Sync compatibility. 

10 minutes ago, thermalgoop said:

At $500 you could get yourself a pretty nice G-Sync Compatible display that can sync the refresh rate to the FPS your nVidia card can manage. Highly recommend, really smooths out the gameplay, and is waaaaay better than oldschool V-Sync. Even consoles support variable refresh rate now. I have the LG 27GL850-B UltraGear and it's a nice display. I've seen a slightly smaller 1080p version that still has the G-Sync compatibility. 

I was also considering the LG or DELL with the same nano IPS panel but saw reddit posts with people complaining that they get eye pain from the nano IPS, so I decided to go with the Benq EX2780Q AAS IPS innolux panel 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/d4x4bh/27gl850_headaches_and_eye_strain/

9 hours ago, omuleanu said:

I was also considering the LG or DELL with the same nano IPS panel but saw reddit posts with people complaining that they get eye pain from the nano IPS, so I decided to go with the Benq EX2780Q AAS IPS innolux panel 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/d4x4bh/27gl850_headaches_and_eye_strain/

Fair. I haven't noticed any headaches, but sometimes it's a little bright and sears my retinas. When I turn the brightness and contrast way down (B:0, C:20) at night, I get an odd vertical screen-door like effect when I move my head side to side at about 1 1/2 feet away (closer than I usually sit, so not a problem), no closer and no farther. 

11 hours ago, mojoe90 said:

If you have a budget that big, there's no reason to go for 60hz even if you are going for a higher resolution monitor IMO (unless you are going for 4K).

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

13 hours ago, thermalgoop said:

Fair. I haven't noticed any headaches, but sometimes it's a little bright and sears my retinas. When I turn the brightness and contrast way down (B:0, C:20) at night, I get an odd vertical screen-door like effect when I move my head side to side at about 1 1/2 feet away (closer than I usually sit, so not a problem), no closer and no farther. 

I keep mine always at about 10% brightness, I never change contrast (it is at 50%, default), I haven't noticed any door efect, but if I change it to 0% brightness gray backgrounds like on this site seemed to be flickering, but I'm not sure about it, I was on HDMI cable when I think I noticed something, now I'm using DP cable and I'm not noticing any flickering.

Unlike my previous VA screen I haven't had any eye problems with this one, even on day one. I also keep it at 125% scale from windows display settings.

13 hours ago, thermalgoop said:

I used to have problems with bright screens for years (eye pain, dry eyes, sand feeling), but that was because I didn't knew I had a chronic sinus infection, putting manuka honey deep in my nose saved me, it burned when I did it, but it solved my problem.