New Rig plan: "Project Omega"

Preface: Since I am deciding to gift my girlfriend- who is running a poor ol' laptop with integrated graphics to play games and have a good time- my current rig, I am planning to have my true powerhouse of a PC- my first build. And, hopefully, my only one in a long while. Hence, I am going to choose parts that are powerful, not too expensive, and above all - reliable. This project will start ASAP - under the condition that I have moved out to my own place to live. So I can technically start as early as March 2021.

Another consideration is that I am not at all interested in RGB components. I am sorry, they look awesome and kinda evoke the feeling of "THIS BIG BOX OF COLORS HAS A LOT OF POWAH", however, my build is more of a stealthy powerhouse. A black, quiet box purring with an amazing 90 HP.

Note: This plan is not the final revision. Changes can be made in the future.

Budget (including currency): 2.000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video editing, Gaming & recording of gameplay, Home-Office, VR

Other details: 1080p Gaming, new mouse required, Curret G502 starts to feel nasty - wireless sounds like a good idea. Logitech G Pro X + powerplay is of great interest.

MAINBOARD: MSI B550-A Pro

If there is one thing I learned about MSI, it is their reliability and robust industrial design. I am well aware of an RGB "gaming" version for 20 bucks-or-so more for a bit of RGB, however I am not really interested. M.2 and reliability are the main two factors I see worth, and this MB excels in exactly that. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

AMD. My friend and helper. My lover, the friendly nurse that helped me recover from my duo-core nightmare brought forth from the old MacBook I had when I was 12. Especially now where their new lineup of CPUs outperforms Intel's current top-of-the-line processor, it's suffice to say "Time to spend those 413€ on some raw performance". If my pockets say yes and if your recommendations say so too, I might also settle for a Ryzen 9 5900X, however I doubt it because of the next point:

COOLING: Stock "Wraith Stealth"

I have no complaints with the 600's coolers at all. My brother remembers having used the FX's stock cooler back then, and mom used to complain "Turn down the lawnmower!" - hence the question, why spend extra money on something fancy if it's already purpose built? CPUs with the higher wattage in the Ryzen lineup do not come with a cooler, so an extra purchase would be required. Now you might also ask "Why not go watercooling?" Well, take this comparism. If you wanna go to your local tesco to buy that 4% fish discount, do you wanna go FAST and drive there with a Formula 1 racing car? Or do you wanna take your Ford Focus SE to drive there comfortably, while not quickly? Again. Reliability #1. I do not wish for a pump failure within a year. I know my luck.

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 BLACK

Laugh now while I wait for my queue spot. I'm patient. Can you say the same? 
PCI-EXTENSION: Exsys EX-1093 PCI

Now I do not know about you guys, but there are a LOT of things plugged into my PC. Webcam, mic, peripherals, VR-headset- while the MB is cheap and good and reliable, it lacks in USB slots a little bit. So, I know nothing really about PCI-Extensions, but I believe this 4-slotter will do nicely. 
STORAGE: Samsung Evo 970 Plus 1TB (Boot); WD BLUE 3TB WD30 (mass)

Suffice to say- best bang for the buck in my opinion. Previous build uses the same SSD, I wish to use essentially the same SSD for my new build. However, the "mass" storage has to change. Currently, there is a 1 TB WD-Green HDD from 2015 in the back of my computer. It's so slow, my great grandparents are running faster! (I'm sorry.) Newer hard drives with even greater storage = Even happier gamer. Nuff said.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

I am a bit divided on that one. Currently in my system, there are 32 Gigs of 3K MHz slotted in all 4 slots, but I must say... in terms of Ram- I have no clue whether 16 gigs might also be enough. I could save a few bucks if I use two of my existing ram-sticks and run both my current and my next build in dual channel mode. Or, if I want to go without any comporomises- I go for 32 Gigs of 3200 MHz Vengeance. A bit of advice would be a bit nice. Also, just as a small note: I am an avid Chrome user.
POWER: Corsair RMx Series RM1000x

Now, I have gotta say- I have no idea what PSU is in my current system. Not even my brother knows, and he supposedly bought it. All I know is that it's rated at 700 watts and it could be a ticking time bomb. It's still running and working alright so... yeah. However I'll need a new PSU for my build, so I'll go and take that modular PSU. Corsair knows what's good for ya. Besides if I am rocking a 3080, I will need those Kilowatt of power.
CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX Black

Now you might be asking. "This thing has a glass sidepanel! You wanted a stealthy build! Why would you want this bright beast?!" Well I was thinking. If I have nearly 0 RGB components, and the lighting in the case is orange- I go for a distinct aesthetic: Orange streetlights on a road in the dark. Orange is my favorite color as well, so.. yeah. Besides, it's BeQuiet. They suppress noise, and their fans are so quiet! Pun intended. Besides - Three 140 mil. fans, dust filters nearly everywhere, a clean design and ample airflow? Sign me up. 

Let me know your thoughts. Recommendations and criticism of this concept are welcome, however please be constructive. Thank you for your time.

-RA111

4 minutes ago, RalphAlpha111 said:

Preface: Since I am deciding to gift my girlfriend- who is running a poor ol' laptop with integrated graphics to play games and have a good time- my current rig, I am planning to have my true powerhouse of a PC- my first build. And, hopefully, my only one in a long while. Hence, I am going to choose parts that are powerful, not too expensive, and above all - reliable. This project will start ASAP - under the condition that I have moved out to my own place to live. So I can technically start as early as March 2021.

Another consideration is that I am not at all interested in RGB components. I am sorry, they look awesome and kinda evoke the feeling of "THIS BIG BOX OF COLORS HAS A LOT OF POWAH", however, my build is more of a stealthy powerhouse. A black, quiet box purring with an amazing 90 HP.

Note: This plan is not the final revision. Changes can be made in the future.

Budget (including currency): 2.000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video editing, Gaming & recording of gameplay, Home-Office, VR

Other details: 1080p Gaming, new mouse required, Curret G502 starts to feel nasty - wireless sounds like a good idea. Logitech G Pro X + powerplay is of great interest.

MAINBOARD: MSI B550-A Pro

If there is one thing I learned about MSI, it is their reliability and robust industrial design. I am well aware of an RGB "gaming" version for 20 bucks-or-so more for a bit of RGB, however I am not really interested. M.2 and reliability are the main two factors I see worth, and this MB excels in exactly that. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

AMD. My friend and helper. My lover, the friendly nurse that helped me recover from my duo-core nightmare brought forth from the old MacBook I had when I was 12. Especially now where their new lineup of CPUs outperforms Intel's current top-of-the-line processor, it's suffice to say "Time to spend those 413€ on some raw performance". If my pockets say yes and if your recommendations say so too, I might also settle for a Ryzen 9 5900X, however I doubt it because of the next point:

COOLING: Stock "Wraith Stealth"

I have no complaints with the 600's coolers at all. My brother remembers having used the FX's stock cooler back then, and mom used to complain "Turn down the lawnmower!" - hence the question, why spend extra money on something fancy if it's already purpose built? CPUs with the higher wattage in the Ryzen lineup do not come with a cooler, so an extra purchase would be required. Now you might also ask "Why not go watercooling?" Well, take this comparism. If you wanna go to your local tesco to buy that 4% fish discount, do you wanna go FAST and drive there with a Formula 1 racing car? Or do you wanna take your Ford Focus SE to drive there comfortably, while not quickly? Again. Reliability #1. I do not wish for a pump failure within a year. I know my luck.

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 BLACK

Laugh now while I wait for my queue spot. I'm patient. Can you say the same? 
PCI-EXTENSION: Exsys EX-1093 PCI

Now I do not know about you guys, but there are a LOT of things plugged into my PC. Webcam, mic, peripherals, VR-headset- while the MB is cheap and good and reliable, it lacks in USB slots a little bit. So, I know nothing really about PCI-Extensions, but I believe this 4-slotter will do nicely. 
STORAGE: Samsung Evo 970 Plus 1TB (Boot); WD BLUE 3TB WD30 (mass)

Suffice to say- best bang for the buck in my opinion. Previous build uses the same SSD, I wish to use essentially the same SSD for my new build. However, the "mass" storage has to change. Currently, there is a 1 TB WD-Green HDD from 2015 in the back of my computer. It's so slow, my great grandparents are running faster! (I'm sorry.) Newer hard drives with even greater storage = Even happier gamer. Nuff said.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

I am a bit divided on that one. Currently in my system, there are 32 Gigs of 3K MHz slotted in all 4 slots, but I must say... in terms of Ram- I have no clue whether 16 gigs might also be enough. I could save a few bucks if I use two of my existing ram-sticks and run both my current and my next build in dual channel mode. Or, if I want to go without any comporomises- I go for 32 Gigs of 3200 MHz Vengeance. A bit of advice would be a bit nice. Also, just as a small note: I am an avid Chrome user.
POWER: Corsair RMx Series RM1000x

Now, I have gotta say- I have no idea what PSU is in my current system. Not even my brother knows, and he supposedly bought it. All I know is that it's rated at 700 watts and it could be a ticking time bomb. It's still running and working alright so... yeah. However I'll need a new PSU for my build, so I'll go and take that modular PSU. Corsair knows what's good for ya. Besides if I am rocking a 3080, I will need those Kilowatt of power.
CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX Black

Now you might be asking. "This thing has a glass sidepanel! You wanted a stealthy build! Why would you want this bright beast?!" Well I was thinking. If I have nearly 0 RGB components, and the lighting in the case is orange- I go for a distinct aesthetic: Orange streetlights on a road in the dark. Orange is my favorite color as well, so.. yeah. Besides, it's BeQuiet. They suppress noise, and their fans are so quiet! Pun intended. Besides - Three 140 mil. fans, dust filters nearly everywhere, a clean design and ample airflow? Sign me up. 

Let me know your thoughts. Recommendations and criticism of this concept are welcome, however please be constructive. Thank you for your time.

-RA111

The PSU is overkill and you should go for 3600MHZ RAM. Everything else looks fine.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 minutes ago, RalphAlpha111 said:

Exsys EX-1093 PCI

That build looks solid just two things.

One this card Exsys EX-1093 PCI will not work with your mobo. That is based on the PCI slot which is a legacy slot all new mobos come with pci-e. 

Two I would go with a new cooler such as a noctua NH u12s since you dont want your PC to sound like a lawnmower ruining the sleek effect.

Besides this everything else looks solid.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

12 minutes ago, Downkey said:

The PSU is overkill and you should go for 3600MHZ RAM. Everything else looks fine.

What wattage would you recommend? And how many gigs would I need?

Just now, RalphAlpha111 said:

What wattage would you recommend? And how many gigs would I need?

You wouldn't need more than 750w, but 850 is completely fine aswell. And the capacity isn't doesn't matter, as long as it fits your needs. Try to make sure the ram speed is 3600mhz for the best performance possible.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

11 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

That build looks solid just two things.

One this card Exsys EX-1093 PCI will not work with your mobo. That is based on the PCI slot which is a legacy slot all new mobos come with pci-e. 

Two I would go with a new cooler such as a noctua NH u12s since you dont want your PC to sound like a lawnmower ruining the sleek effect.

Besides this everything else looks solid.

Huh. Well I wonder though - What USB expansion would you recommend? Is an USB-Hub an option?

And as for the cooler- I suppose you're right. I cooouuuulllddd make use of a stronger heatsink. But what is a sleek effect? I never heard of that. 

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

You wouldn't need more than 750w, but 850 is completely fine aswell. And the capacity isn't doesn't matter, as long as it fits your needs. Try to make sure the ram speed is 3600mhz for the best performance possible.

Got it. I could go for a 16 Gig. system, then, I guess, Depends on how much money I got. Still thanks for the recommendation though.

10 hours ago, RalphAlpha111 said:

But what is a sleek effect? I never heard of that. 

Sleek effect is basically a system that looks beautiful and performs amazing. Think of it like a car that looks and performs amazing but sounds like a dying goat when it starts up, the car is still amazing but the effect is ruined.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

10 hours ago, RalphAlpha111 said:

Got it. I could go for a 16 Gig. system, then, I guess, Depends on how much money I got. Still thanks for the recommendation though.

if you are gonna be using vr and recording gameplay and stuff i would recommend getting a 32 gb for a smooth performance and also u could save some cash and not go for the samsung 1tb if u are planning to make it a boot i guess 500gb is enough and cheaper 

also i think the crucial p1 nvme m.2's drives are the best bank for the buck

Edited by Geekbynature