Does ASUS P8H61 PLUS motherboard support SLI?

Chorne

I know this post sounds like it would be from ten years ago but, does the P8H61 Mobo support SLI?

Full Specs:

ASUS P8h61 Plus 

i5-2500k

gtx 460

550w psu

This is not my main PC, its just a project thing and i was thinking about buying another 460 and run it in SLI. The motherboard itslef has one 16x slot and one 1x slot. i've heard that running a gpu in a 1x slot isn't a good idea but i thought because its an old GPU maybe this didn't matter. I've also heard that H series motherboards dont even support SLI so this idea would go completely out of the window. Can someone please confirm? Does anyone have any advice?

20201214_171554.jpg

No it doesn’t support SLI, but the good news is that no game today does either so no money wasted.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

8 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

No it doesn’t support SLI, but the good news is that no game today does either so no money wasted.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Easy way to tell if your motherboard supports SLI is that SLI requires PCIE 8X minimum. So if you dont have a second pcie 8x slot you wont be running in SLI. Xfire only requires 4x, which is also a terrible idea.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Chorne said:

Oh ok. Thanks.

Sli has been officially killed off so nothing wasted

Just now, jaslion said:

Sli has been officially killed off so nothing wasted

Yeah i know. i just thought it would be cool idea.

18 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Do You know if the Asus p8z77-v xl2 supports SLI?

1 hour ago, Chorne said:

Do You know if the Asus p8z77-v xl2 supports SLI?

I can’t answer that question for you, but I can do the next best thing, tell you how to find the answer.

step one, google motherboard name

step two, open the manufacturer’s webpage that usually appears first

step three, look for any notice of SLI support.

Any motherboard manufacturer will never list what they don’t support. Rather they’d make no mention of the lack of a feature.

Again, SLI is no longer supported, I highly recommend against trying to use the feature at all to begin with. It was buggy with the card you’re looking to use it with, and the only reason you don’t hear about bugs today is because you can’t have bugs if it’s not supported at all.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

7 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I can’t answer that question for you, but I can do the next best thing, tell you how to find the answer.

step one, google motherboard name

step two, open the manufacturer’s webpage that usually appears first

step three, look for any notice of SLI support.

Any motherboard manufacturer will never list what they don’t support. Rather they’d make no mention of the lack of a feature.

Again, SLI is no longer supported, I highly recommend against trying to use the feature at all to begin with. It was buggy with the card you’re looking to use it with, and the only reason you don’t hear about bugs today is because you can’t have bugs if it’s not supported at all.

Cheers mate. As i said in the main post, this is not my main pc. i do not plan on using it much, i just wanted to experiment with SLI and gain experience with past technologies. That being said, thank you for your useful guide on how to use google. I will now put that useful skill to the test.