Cyberpunk 2077 Same FPS on Low and Ultra?

Areyn13

So i have a 5800x and 3070, but seem to only get 50-60 fps in the city area on ultra with ray tracing and dlss set to quality. I thought oof ok, let me turn off raytracing maybe but it didn't seem to affect fps at all? I then tried high, medium and even as low as LOW settings with DLSS on the high performance mode and even THEN it ran at the same fps? I am completely lost as to why this is happening

Ryzen 5800x | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb | ASUS TUF GAMING OC RTX 3070 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb | Corsair RM750x

13 minutes ago, Areyn13 said:

So i have a 5800x and 3070, but seem to only get 50-60 fps in the city area on ultra with ray tracing and dlss set to quality. I thought oof ok, let me turn off raytracing maybe but it didn't seem to affect fps at all? I then tried high, medium and even as low as LOW seetings with DLSS on the high performance mode and even THEN it ran at the same fps? I am completely lost as to why this is happening

Because the game still needs a lot of work. Esp with Ryzen CPU's right now.
They need to update the game to use a non-Intel compiler (Intel gets even loads across cores, Ryzen does not right now)

Give this a shot though, may indeed reduce some CPU loads to enable higher GPU loads

Digital Foundry just did an Optimized settings guide, and while the game has issues, you might be able to garner some more performance or get a better experience than currently.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

16 minutes ago, Areyn13 said:

5800x

Welcome to AAA gaming, made by CD Project Red! *

*optimized for Intel

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

There is a workaround to let CP2077 to utilize Ryzen SMT that involve hex editing. You can download a script that will do it for you on Github.

https://github.com/yamashi/PerformanceOverhaulCyberpunk
IINM, the script only works on patch 1.04 currently. 

HFPjpNMU8OzWSfkd.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/275914/cyberpunk-2077-does-not-leverage-smt-on-amd-ryzen-lower-core-count-variants-take-a-bigger-hit

More tweaks on https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_2077

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 7:31 AM, Areyn13 said:

So i have a 5800x and 3070, but seem to only get 50-60 fps in the city area on ultra with ray tracing and dlss set to quality. I thought oof ok, let me turn off raytracing maybe but it didn't seem to affect fps at all? I then tried high, medium and even as low as LOW settings with DLSS on the high performance mode and even THEN it ran at the same fps? I am completely lost as to why this is happening

I have the same hardware (more or less) and i have the same problem D; Still waiting for our patch D;

I have the problem with the 5600x and 3060ti. Checked core utilizarion in task manager and every single one was around 70% at least. Can’t get above 63 Fps even with low settings and Ultra perf. DLSS

• 1 year later...

Its December 10 2022, and i just ran benchmarks on Cyberpunk 2077.  Ryzen 5 7600x,  Radeon RX 6900 XT, DDR5 32GB 6000MT/s.  Preset 'low' 74 fps.  Preset 'ultra' 74 fps.  Linus, what is going on here?  Are all the graphics settings in these games just a bunch of BS?