Stop charging iPhone 12 at 80%

Tronnic

Hello, I heard multiple times that charging a phone to only 80% drastically increases battery life.

Are there possibly apps out there that let me accomplish this? And if not natively possible, would it be possible to create an app that switches off my Smartplug when the phone reaches 80%? 

Or can I just ignore it and always charge to 100? Is the difference big?

Also another question:

Can I top up my device to 100% multiple times a day? (I have an wireless charging stand at my work desk, but I'm afraid of decreasing my battery life). 

It is really hard to find answers trough google because everyone is talking about the iPhones feature to stop the charge at 80, but later topping it up to 100% (which it does automatically every night). 

Thanks for any tips!

Intel Core i7 7700k | Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat | Corsair Crystal 460X | 4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY | Logitech G513 | Logitech G903 & Powerplay | MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

1 minute ago, Tronnic said:

Thanks for any tips!

while i do not know how to limit phone to charge to 80% for iphones

i heard that quick charge degrades battery too, so dont use a quick charger unless you're in a hurry

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

while i do not know how to limit phone to charge to 80% for iphones

i heard that quick charge degrades battery too, so dont use a quick charger unless you're in a hurry

Thanks! Yeah I usually wireless charge anyway. 

Intel Core i7 7700k | Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat | Corsair Crystal 460X | 4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY | Logitech G513 | Logitech G903 & Powerplay | MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

Use Juice Watch app. It's great, especially if you also have Apple Watch so you can monitor battery life for both on either device. I use it all the time to limit charging to 80% for both, watch and phone. I have it for 2 years now and with such routine, my battery is still at 100% and it seems to last about the same as when the phone was new. I'd say it's worth it.

I may have found a way to accomplish what I want. I do have Philips hue bulbs. They also sell sockets. I can control them trough home kit. And I can create a "Automation" on my Phone to turn on or off a light bulb when my phone reaches 80%. I have successfully tested this, and it worked.

I ordered a Philips Plug now, which means, once it arrives im theoretically able to turn of the wall plug of my charger when my phone reaches 80%. I'll report back if it works!  

Datei_001.thumb.png.cafccce7c042ae2fd5ef41586884b667.png

My System on imgur

23 hours ago, Tronnic said:

Thanks! Yeah I usually wireless charge anyway. 

Wireless charging is bad for the battery. Overall though over the lifespan of a phone it won’t hurt the battery to just charge it to 100 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?