Could a 2080 Ti + 3900X trigger OCP on a corsair SF750?

GER_T4IGA

Just trying te play cyberpunk. Machine shut off twice when i finished the character edit and presumably a more intense scene loaded. On the third attempt my machine shut off when tte game opened. 

I haven't had this issue just a 2 months ago.

I am still in the process of trying out stuff but i want to rule this out as an issue.

On last attempt both CPU and GPU at were stock, GPU was previously undervolted and 'lasted longer' that way 1920MHz, 0.9V vcore)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Is it well ventilated?

Ncase M1 side intake,  top exhaust

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

what are temps like? Any click from the psu on shutdown?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Which temps? The only suspicious thing i saw was my SSD hitting 97C once. Never happened afterwards. CPU and GPU are fine, chipset is fine now too. I at least just got ingame. Installed a panch just before. The patch might have fixed it altogether, but idk yet.

I think the PSU clicked on shutdown. To boot again i always had to turn it off and on again (plug or switch). Is that a dead give away?

3.Use

On 12/12/2020 at 12:02 AM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I just confirmed on further shutdown it clicks. And my motherboard is set to go to last state on loss of power. Given that it automatically reboots after I turn the PSU off and back on I suspect it is indeed the PSU because that scenario would look indistinguishable from a power outage to the motherboard - hence make it react that way.

3.Use

I would get a new psu. If you can, splurge on a rm850x

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I would get a new psu. If you can, splurge on a rm850x

Max i can do is SFX-L. Also my unit is barely one year old. 
There was a recal for this unit this year but my serial is outside the affected range. I'll have to warranty it i guess. 

3.Use

4 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Max i can do is SFX-L. Also my unit is barely one year old. 
There was a recal for this unit this year but my serial is outside the affected range. I'll have to warranty it i guess. 

damnit I forgot abiout that. 

waranty I guess. If that doest fix it.... bigger case I guess.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler