ExitLag to lower game ping

Simon771

I cam across and ad for ExitLag: ExitLag - Get rid of lag in your game

Later I decided to try it out, and to my surprise it did lower latency for Black Desert Online game that I'm playing.

There are some topics, saying that this software can't actually lower latency between my PC and game server, but when I look at task manager, and open Resource Monitor I'm seeing about 70-90ms delay for this game, and after I tried ExitLag it dropped down to about 40ms.

Not sure how is that possible, so I'm asking here if anyone have more info about this software and if it's legit and actually works, or is just somehow adjusting data that I see in resource monitor?

For some reason when I had trial still active and played my game, it felt better, but it could be just placebo effect ... we are talking about 40 to 50ms latency difference and not sure if we can event detect that change. But since 3 day trial has ended I'm wondering if I should purchase subscription for this, but before I do so, I would like to hear some opinions regarding this software :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

ExitLag will help the LAST MILE of the connection..
Instead of you driving 2000KM's, you drive to ExitLag at 1800KM's, and THEY drive the last 200m's at a faster rate than you can go.
So you connect to them, seems as normal, but they have a faster connection to the local server (distant server for you)

Does that make sense..
By yourself its the typical latency, using them as a HOP point,.. their connection is better at the other end for being more local to the server.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

ExitLag will help the LAST MILE of the connection..
Instead of you driving 2000KM's, you drive to ExitLag at 1800KM's, and THEY drive the last 200m's at a faster rate than you can go.
So you connect to them, seems as normal, but they have a faster connection to the local server (distant server for you)

Does that make sense..
By yourself its the typical latency, using them as a HOP point,.. their connection is better at the other end for being more local to the server.

So I'm actually making some sort of VPN tunnel from my PC to ExitLag server, and they handle my game traffic/connection from them to actual game server?

Still not sure if latency I see in Resource monitor is my actual latency from me to game server, or is that just latency from me to ExitLag, and there is additional latency from them to game server, that I don't see?

Then again when looking at TCP connection I can see IP address and port number that my game is connecting to. And that stays the same even when I used ExitLag and had lower delay.

So overall you would say that I'm actually getting better latency by using ExitLag?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

So I'm actually making some sort of VPN tunnel from my PC to ExitLag server,

So overall you would say that I'm actually getting better latency by using ExitLag?

Yes,...
&
I can't say for sure, I used to use these things for WOW (Australia is where I am) connecting to LA/Chicago and using a VPM tunnel I went from 280-300ms to 240ms
So it did something for the better,,,

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz