Are Windows and Nvidia locking horns?

image.png.7a0316af8acaede0230833dcda43eac4.png

So after neglecting scans for a bit i just found this in the protection history....

Apart from the Vendor.Js, there is also an alert for the app.js in the same directory

As these are Javascripts, i am seriously panicking

What I know: 

This directory does not exist, even as a hidden folder...

I had downloaded Nvidia drivers from the official website, just not through GeForce Experience...

Have deleted downloaded installer for the drivers as well as "recovery drivers" downloaded by Asus in 'C:'

Custom scans do not give this 'Remediation Incomplete' error, but automatic scans do....

The date is wrong cuz i panicked and tried stupid shit to fix this (deleted and reinstalled drivers, reset the PC & Fresh Windows installation)

I have simply decided to sit back now as this is not affecting the performance in any way....and windows is unable to suggest an action as well as me being unable to locate this directory/file

What I want to know: 

Could this be due to an outdated bios? Asus has released a new bios update that i am actively avoiding cause it is shit and doesn't allow overclocking the GPU on my notebook

Should I be worried? Some users and responses from reddit suggest that this could be due to Nvidia's new privacy policy that actively gathers telemetry from systems with new driver updates....

Thanks in advance to anybody that helps :)

Smartass replies can watch out the window for a flying bird

P.S: Clicking on 'Learn More' enters unicode characters in the windows help section on Microsoft's official website which leads nowhere....

image.thumb.png.f7470c900c5ddbf402b3308fb5b11dad.png

10 minutes ago, BorisBukowsky said:

So after neglecting scans for a bit i just found this in the protection history....

Apart from the Vendor.Js, there is also an alert for the app.js in the same directory

As these are Javascripts, i am seriously panicking

What I know: 

1) This directory does not exist, even as a hidden folder...

I had downloaded Nvidia drivers from the official website, just not through GeForce Experience...

2-) Have deleted downloaded installer for the drivers as well as "recovery drivers" downloaded by Asus in 'C:'

Custom scans do not give this 'Remediation Incomplete' error, but automatic scans do....

3-) The date is wrong cuz i panicked and tried stupid shit to fix this (deleted and reinstalled drivers, reset the PC & Fresh Windows installation)

I have simply decided to sit back now as this is not affecting the performance in any way....and windows is unable to suggest an action as well as me being unable to locate this directory/file

What I want to know: 

4-) Could this be due to an outdated bios? Asus has released a new bios update that i am actively avoiding cause it is shit and doesn't allow overclocking the GPU on my notebook

5-) Should I be worried? Some users and responses from reddit suggest that this could be due to Nvidia's new privacy policy that actively gathers telemetry from systems with new driver updates....

Thanks in advance to anybody that helps :)

6-) Smartass replies can watch out the window for a flying bird

1-) You pretty much answered that in line I numbered as 2.

3-) Calm down and take off your tinfoil hat off.

4-) Nope.

5-) Nope.

If you really want to use a AV, use something that actually is worth using. Definitely not microsoft defender.

6-) fite me.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

1-) You pretty much answered that in line I numbered as 2.

3-) Calm down and take off your tinfoil hat off.

4-) Nope.

5-) Nope.

If you really want to use a AV, use something that actually is worth using. Definitely not microsoft defender.

6-) fite me.

Thanks, Thanks and i get it, 'Much butthurt in me you sense'

Thanks sensei 😛

gonna use malwarebytes once to calm my tits

8 minutes ago, BorisBukowsky said:

Thanks, Thanks and i get it, 'Much butthurt in me you sense'

Thanks sensei 😛

gonna use malwarebytes once to calm my tits

If you are using just malwarebytes get premium or avast on side

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

If you are using just malwarebytes get premium or avast on side

i been in the same boat, about to jump the gun with malwarebytes as i have heard all bad things for avast, avg, norton and virtually any other mentioned around forums.....

you really think avast is a good choice?

2 minutes ago, BorisBukowsky said:

i been in the same boat, about to jump the gun with malwarebytes as i have heard all bad things for avast, avg, norton and virtually any other mentioned around forums.....

you really think avast is a good choice?

Yes avast is really good paired with some malwarebytes scan sometimes, malwarebytes free itself is not good

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

32 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Yes avast is really good paired with some malwarebytes scan sometimes, malwarebytes free itself is not good

Oh okay cool, I'll look at some videos for reference, will definitely try using those two in conjunction with each other. Thanks for the input, help is appreciated. Having a tough time justifying the cost for the two for just this one threat, will probably look for a workaround first

1 hour ago, BorisBukowsky said:

Oh okay cool, I'll look at some videos for reference, will definitely try using those two in conjunction with each other. Thanks for the input, help is appreciated. Having a tough time justifying the cost for the two for just this one threat, will probably look for a workaround first

By using both at the same time it’s free I just said malwarebytes alone you should buy premium

Reminder⚠️

Windows defender + malwarebytes (free) is usually considered *very good* but this definitely looks like some false positives... 

I would recommend to scan the whole computer with malwarebytes, all drives, not just boot drive, enable root kit scan too (this will probably take several hours) 

If this is still not resolved, ask on Nvidia forums what's up with this files, they maybe need to fix / update them. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, Kanna said:

By using both at the same time it’s free I just said malwarebytes alone you should buy premium

Oh okay, i misunderstood, i get it now, thanks

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Windows defender + malwarebytes (free) is usually considered *very good* but this definitely looks like some false positives... 

I would recommend to scan the whole computer with malwarebytes, all drives, not just boot drive, enable root kit scan too (this will probably take several hours) 

If this is still not resolved, ask on Nvidia forums what's up with this files, they maybe need to fix / update them. 

This sounds like the best option for now, been scanning since the past hour for now, lets see, shall start the rootkit scan and leave it be for the night. 

Nvidia forums - Searched em, only one post i found mentioning the same issue, a few with similar false positives. The pinned solution though pointed to Nvidia adding telemetry and updating privacy policy to basically bitch terms which is why Windows having no part in it, is flagging it, that's what i could make up from it