EVGA SuperNova 2000W G1+ Power Supply

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

Do you have a power outlet in your house that can even supply that many watts? It's common for US household outlets to cap around 1800 watts (15 amps 120 volts)

Hmm... Well, maybe you can tell what things you are overclocking, maybe we can give you a better solution?

For an average user, with Ryzen 3950X, RTX2080Ti, and custom water cooling, with everything overclocking to the max, it barely hit 800W mark. With 2x RTX2080Ti, It only soar close to 1200W.

My system, a Ryzen 3600 CPU, AMD Vega 64 and all fan coolers only uses up to 600W to 650W max. A 750W PSU is fine for me.

Anyway, this PSU is designed for digital currency mining system, with so many GPU 12V connector. If that's the case, an overclock GPU might consume close to 400W (so far I haven't come across any GPU that can gobble up 400W), so yeah, with 4 GPUs, your power requirement is just right.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

As for trusting the seller, I'm not really sure. electronic shopping system or online shopping is not my best field. I do advise caution while shopping online. Check for store reputation, how long it has been there, and whether the reviews can be trusted or not. In many cases, check the price, as many of the time they can give a fake seller away.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Do you have a power outlet in your house that can even supply that many watts? It's common for US household outlets to cap around 1800 watts (15 amps 120 volts)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do you have a power outlet in your house that can even supply that many watts? It's common for US household outlets to cap around 1800 watts

I think that can be arrange, but he will need a special wiring. I saw that many household with very large water boiler and centralised AC could consume 3000W or more, so I think it is possible. They'll likely need to use two Life wire combine.

This is probably a troll post, but that PSU requires a 240V outlet so ignoring the question of do your really need it (you almost certainly don't), you would need a 240V outlet, which if you are in the US is going to be a problem. 

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

This is probably a troll post, but that PSU requires a 240V outlet so ignoring the question of do your really need it (you almost certainly don't), you would need a 240V outlet, which if you are in the US is going to be a problem. 

Not too much of a problem, just get one ran, electric stoves, AC units, and clothes dryers all need and have 240V outlets so the power is already there.

They will just add a dual breaker in the Fuse Box then run the wire and put in the outlet.

Simple job for an electrician. 

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

1 minute ago, Ankerson said:

Not too much of a problem, just get one ran, electric stoves, AC units, and clothes dryers all need and have 240V outlets so the power is already there.

I didn't say you can't do it, just that it would be a problem. Unless you plan on putting your computer in the laundry room, kitchen, or garage, (assuming there are free 240V outlets there), you would need to pay an electrician to add the circuits for you going to what is probably a bedroom, which would require tearing down drywall from the breaker box to the bedroom to run the wires in the wall. Not exactly something I would consider "not too much of a problem"

7 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I didn't say you can't do it, just that it would be a problem. Unless you plan on putting your computer in the laundry room, kitchen, or garage, (assuming there are free 240V outlets there), you would need to pay an electrician to add the circuits for you going to what is probably a bedroom, which would require tearing down drywall from the breaker box to the bedroom to run the wires in the wall. Not exactly something I would consider "not too much of a problem"

They would just fish the wires most likely.

Had to have it done myself with multiple Window AC units that needed 240V.

As long as the existing wires aren't stapled in the walls it won't be too hard and they normally aren't.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

First, this unit uses outdated topology, second, it's not clear whether it's actually full-range (i.e derated to something like 1.6kW with 120V input) or just plain 230V only, third, i bet you don't actually need even 1kW to start with, not to mention 2kW, and lastly, for that price it's definitely a hard pass anyway, you can get AX1600i for 70$ more if you actually want a top quality high wattage unit or alternatively, EVGA's own P2 or G2 1.6kW for even cheaper than this thing.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply