my first Destop gaming pc

6 minutes ago, Ultimatememe said:

Budget (including currency): £800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA:V,Blender,Animations

So i was wondering if this could go together.. I wont be buying this soon cuz im broke af but i wanted to know if this can all go together

Hello there and welcome to the forum!

Do you need peripherals like Monitor, mouse, keyboard? Do you have an old PC you can steal the harddrive from?

800 pounds for a decent little rig is doable, especially if you are willing to buy a used graphics card, cpu, mainboard and memory. there are very good deals to be had

2 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

Do you need peripherals like Monitor, mouse, keyboard? Do you have an old PC you can steal the harddrive from?

800 pounds for a decent little rig is doable, especially if you are willing to buy a used graphics card, cpu, mainboard and memory. there are very good deals to be had

Hello. I dont have anything except a laptop, its 7 years old but i had a plan to snag its hard drive. There are some parts i want to buy so i will update the original post with links to the parts on newegg

Just now, Ultimatememe said:

Hello. I dont have anything except a laptop, its 7 years old but i had a plan to snag its hard drive. There are some parts i want to buy so i will update the original post with links to the parts on newegg

if you want to do animation and blender you should have at least 16 gigs of ram, preferably more

Just now, Ruffleduffle said:

if you want to do animation and blender you should have at least 16 gigs of ram, preferably more

Ok. I didnt know it was that demanding on ram

Also the need for keyboard mouse and monitor (and maybe some sound system) can run you around 50-150 pounds as well. as well.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Also the need for keyboard mouse and monitor (and maybe some sound system) can run you around 50-150 pounds as well. as well.

I probably wouldnt buy a VERY reputable keyboard so i can save some cash

and i could spend 100 for a monitor

I probably wouldnt buy a VERY reputable keyboard so i can save some cash

and i could spend 100 for a monitor

you can start with the cheap membrane keyboard from logitech that you can find for like 10 bucks

ive had the thing for years when i started out

15 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

i updated it

Just now, Ruffleduffle said:

you can start with the cheap membrane keyboard from logitech that you can find for like 10 bucks

Yeah that is very true. I still use a Logitech membrane and its awesome. (even still after 10 years, YES 10!)
Mouse can also be cheap, just get a 10 pound mouse that fits you well.

For monitor if you really wanna have it cheap look for 2nd hand. Maybe walk into PC repair shop see if they have some old leftovers.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah that is very true. I still use a Logitech membrane and its awesome. (even still after 10 years, YES 10!)
Mouse can also be cheap, just get a 10 pound mouse that fits you well.

For monitor if you really wanna have it cheap look for 2nd hand. Maybe walk into PC repair shop see if they have some old leftovers.

theres non around me but is this keyboard ok

https://www.newegg.com/p/32N-00EG-00005?Description=Mechanical keyboard&cm_re=Mechanical_keyboard-_-9SIABRYAYM0408-_-Product

if you are shopping in this price bracket i would advice to stay away from "gamer" or "rgb" stuff 

this will last you years: https://www.newegg.com/logitech-mk120-920-002565-usb-wired/p/N82E16823126097?Item=N82E16823126097

also i would look into amd cpus for this price, they generally perform better for less money

9 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

is this a good monitor?

https://www.newegg.com/samsung-ls24f354fhnxza-23-5-full-hd/p/N82E16824022797?Item=N82E16824022797&Description=monitor&cm_re=monitor-_-24-022-797-_-Product

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£192.40 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£66.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: PNY Anarchy-X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£56.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£60.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  (£217.00 @ Amazon UK) you'll need to wait for stock.
Case: CiT F3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£29.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£52.94 @ Box Limited) 
Monitor: LG 22MK430H-B 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor  (£79.97 @ Laptops Direct) 
Keyboard: GameMax Pulse Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse  (£24.90 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £782.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-05 16:17 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£192.40 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£66.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: PNY Anarchy-X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£56.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£60.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  (£217.00 @ Amazon UK) you'll need to wait for stock.
Case: CiT F3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£29.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£52.94 @ Box Limited) 
Monitor: LG 22MK430H-B 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor  (£79.97 @ Laptops Direct) 
Keyboard: GameMax Pulse Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse  (£24.90 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £782.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-05 16:17 GMT+0000

Thats pretty neat

but https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-10400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700/4073vs3957

12 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

no there is a cooler included with the cpu, also you wont need the thermal paste

How/WHy dont i need thermal paste?

1 minute ago, Ultimatememe said:

said "benchmark" puts the 5950x at number 4, despite it beating out everything intel has to offer on any HEDT and consumer platform.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

said "benchmark" puts the 5950x at number 4, despite it beating out everything intel has to offer on any HEDT and consumer platform.

ok but are you sure the ryzen 7 is better value for price/price to performance

1 minute ago, Ultimatememe said:

ok but are you sure the ryzen 7 is better value for price/price to performance

Blender.png

the 2700 will be much faster for blender, and not much slower in games.

Blender.png

the 2700 will be much faster for blender, and not much slower in games.

hmmm........................................ Although i would be more focused on gaming..

4 minutes ago, Ultimatememe said:

hmmm........................................ Although i would be more focused on gaming..

the difference is small at best, and with a 1660 or 1660 super you're not going to notice it anyway.

the difference is small at best, and with a 1660 or 1660 super you're not going to notice it anyway.

i wanted to get the rx 580 cuz of vram and lower prices