Questions about Corsair RM750x PSU and CableMod Pro ModMesh cable connections

baumxyz
Go to solution Solved by Juular,

I suppose they just went the easy way and made the second half of EPS possible to plug into the 4-pin, there should be two cables IIRC and one of them isn't like that but i'm too lazy to look it up rn (i have RM750x myself). In any case pinout of all additional CPU power connectors is very easy, top row is +12V, bottom row is ground, so there are no way you fuck this up unless you shove it rotated 180° which shouldn't be possible because motherboard side is keyed no matter what.

Hi, I received my new hardware two weeks ago and finally got around to putting everything together. But while connecting the cables I noticed a few things and now I don't dare to turn on the PC. I use the Power Supply "Corsair RM750x" and additionally the "CableMod Pro ModMesh Extension Kit" (CM-PCAB-BKIT-NKKW-3PK-R). 

I edited a picture (see the posts attachments) with all connections together and have some questions about it:

1. The connection between the CPU CableMod cable and CPU PSU cable (picture 4) fits, but round and square connectors do not match. Is this a problem? This is the only part of the whole cabling where round and square do not fit.

2. At picture 5, picture 7 and picture 9 I marked with orange circles that there are no contacts there. Is this a problem or is it correct that there are no metal contacts in some places?

Many thanks in advance!

With kind regards

ConnectionsMobo.jpg

I suppose they just went the easy way and made the second half of EPS possible to plug into the 4-pin, there should be two cables IIRC and one of them isn't like that but i'm too lazy to look it up rn (i have RM750x myself). In any case pinout of all additional CPU power connectors is very easy, top row is +12V, bottom row is ground, so there are no way you fuck this up unless you shove it rotated 180° which shouldn't be possible because motherboard side is keyed no matter what.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

ugg... extensions.  Hope your case is HUGE to hide all of that excess cable.  :(

13 hours ago, Juular said:

so there are no way you fuck this up

Thank you very much, I was hoping for exactly such an answer. 😀 I have also read online that round pins can be inserted into square slots without any problems. I was just confused because I have never seen anything like that before.

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

ugg... extensions.  Hope your case is HUGE to hide all of that excess cable.  :(

I can hide everything I do not want to see 😅