I just wanted to thank Linus.

kn1ghtnsh1narmr

I'm don't know how much the forums have changed here.  I got good advice posting here when gamer gate was happening.  I got a mix of responses, some supportive and others begging me not to talk about it on the forums.  On that WAN show on the morning I posted on the forums, Linus said something like stay out of it.  I was following TotalBiscuit at the time and thought he was correct but listened to Linus and prevented me from getting sucked up in all that.  Years later, I remember watching the video where Linus I think was addressing The Linux Gamer and was talking about how he addressed TB when he went after him.  He just ignored him.  I always thought it was weird he never came back after that first time.  I remember watching live and being excited that he was on.  I never knew about TB going after Linus.  I also just wanted to thank LTT because secret shopper has been so great in a god awful year.  A family vacation I went on in Jan, secret shopper and the next grand tour episode has been the only positive things that have beened in 2020.  What's even worse, I have been far far luckier than most this year.

Linus is our Tech Yoda.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for being a rock, on the wasteland that is the internet and 2020.  Every day I know I got an LTT video that will be entertaining and educational. 

The fuck is total biscuit and gamer gate?

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

4 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

The fuck is total biscuit and gamer gate?

John Peter Bain (8 July 1984 – 24 May 2018), better known as TotalBiscuit, (or sometimes The Cynical Brit or TotalHalibut) was a British video gaming commentator and game critic on YouTube. He was known for his role in professional shoutcasting and esports, and also known for his gaming commentary audio work on WCradio.com. According to Eurogamer, he obtained a large following due to his video commentary on newly developed indie games and analysis of gaming news. Bain voiced strong support for consumer protection in the video gaming industry. In October 2015, Bain announced that he had terminal cancer that had spread to his liver. He continued to critique games after the diagnosis, announcing his retirement only a few weeks ahead of his death in May 2018. 

The Gamergate controversy concerned an online harassment campaign, primarily conducted through the use of the hashtag #GamerGate, that centered on issues of sexism and anti-progressivism in video game culture. Gamergate is used as a blanket term for the controversy as well as for the harassment campaign and actions of those participating in it.

The controversy has been described as a manifestation of a culture war over cultural diversification, artistic recognition, and social criticism in video games, and over the social identity of gamers. Many supporters of Gamergate oppose what they view as the increasing influence of feminism on video game culture; as a result, Gamergate is often viewed as a right-wing backlash against progressivism. Industry responses to the harassment campaign have focused on ways to minimize harm and prevent similar events. Gamergate has led figures both inside and outside the industry to focus on methods of addressing online harassment.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Well that was the strangest thing I've read tonight. It read like a drunken "I fucking love you man" ramble.

Not gonna get into gamergate and all that BS.

Too bad TB died at such a young age,  like him or not it's a shame.

Tech Yoda? Nah not for me......TBH I stopped watching LTT a few years back, no disrespect to the man or the team, just not keen any more , look at the thumbnails on the right for why, I know the YT algorithm loves that shit but I hate it.

The forums are great though, a great mix of knowledgable people and enthusiatic n00bs (that's not a derogatory term in my view, just means someone new to the scene)

Anyway that's my drunken "I slightly disagree with you" ramble over.

Good luck, stay safe and have a great Xmas and New Year :D :D

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

1 hour ago, bellabichon said:

Sad about John, and a big ol LOL at the gamergate thing...

..Good lord /facepalm

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |