Trying out lastpass, your opinion on it?

I decided to get a new password manager and lastpass looks interesting.

Any user on this forum currently using it that could give me their opinion on it? The yearly membership looks cheap so I'm wondering if i show actually get it after the trial.

Something to consider for me is that I'm an ios user with windows pc so i need something that's available everywhere.

Any particular issue you have with it?

My only issue is with Android app. And it has couple of them. One is that it doesn't remember my master pw. Yes, I'm aware that its bad to keep it always logged in. But having hard pw as master + constant need for entering it gets annoying quickly. Another issue is with it is that it doesn't seem to remember which app I black list (apps where I don't want it to popup). Which also is annoying when accessing my band details on mobile. Since our online banking system uses regenerating codes.

Other than that, it used to be paid service on mobiles. Now its free on all devices, and I don't really know what value getting paid version would even bring. Works on all browsers and OS' I've used for the past 10+ years.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks, i have no experience with it on android, haven't looked at what exactly the paid version gives compared to the free one, i just have the free trial so i consider that even if i need the paid version i would be fine with the price.

I've used it for many years but switched about a year ago to using KeepassXC with my own DB and sync system that doesn't use a 3rd party cloud.

18 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yes, I'm aware that its bad to keep it always logged in. But having hard pw as master + constant need for entering it gets annoying quickly.

Better use a more convenient to type master PW but have 2FA on. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I've used it for many years but switched about a year ago to using KeepassXC with my own DB and sync system that doesn't use a 3rd party cloud.

That's a very interesting solution, I'm looking a bit into it as that could be something to try in a few months.

Did do have any issues or did you move just for having your own DB?

18 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Better use a more convenient to type master PW but have 2FA on. 

When both are on same phone, doesn't really matter that way either. I have it stored in another way to quickly access and copy-paste. Just sayin' that having to log in daily or multiple times a day can get really annoying.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

24 minutes ago, HeyIAmInfinity said:

That's a very interesting solution, I'm looking a bit into it as that could be something to try in a few months.

Did do have any issues or did you move just for having your own DB?

No issues, just figured I'd rather have my own data.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

I think keeping your logins in a spreadsheet on Excel is better

I don't get how any password manager would know which identity you want to use, or how you would remember all your identities, unless you only have one online identity...

On 12/4/2020 at 3:35 AM, HeyIAmInfinity said:

I decided to get a new password manager and lastpass looks interesting.

Any user on this forum currently using it that could give me their opinion on it? The yearly membership looks cheap so I'm wondering if i show actually get it after the trial.

Something to consider for me is that I'm an ios user with windows pc so i need something that's available everywhere.

Any particular issue you have with it?

I have used it for years. I have used both the Android and iOS app and they work well. I have it installed both on my desktop PC via Chrome and as a desktop app on my MacBook Pro. Works well enough. 

1 hour ago, su01 said:

think keeping your logins in a spreadsheet on Excel is better

Password managers help you come up with more secure and harder passwords. They also encrypt their data bases. Plus they can auto fill your passwords. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, su01 said:

I think keeping your logins in a spreadsheet on Excel is better

🤣

10 hours ago, su01 said:

I don't get how any password manager would know which identity you want to use, or how you would remember all your identities

Storing as many logins for each site as you want, and selecting the one you want to use from a dropdown when logging in? It's not rocket science...

F@H

GPD Win 2