I bought the warranty for the 5900x instead the actual CPU

The 5900x CPU finally went in stock for a very short time. I went to Amazon and spammed the heck out of the "Buy Now" button in hopes of getting it.
Instead of buying the CPU, Amazon bought me the fricking warranty for the CPU!

Do you think I can ask the warranty people for a replacement CPU? Even though I never was able to purchase it?

1 minute ago, DriftMan said:

uh... no? because you don't have any proof that you had it?

worth a try :/

LMAO! (10 char)

"Should I try to make my mistake a scam?"

No. You screwed up, see if you can get Amazon to refund you whatever you paid and own up to your mistake.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

"Should I try to make my mistake a scam?"

No. You screwed up, see if you can get Amazon to refund you whatever you paid and own up to your mistake.

I started the refund process for it

I don't know if it would be a scam or not since I bought the warranty that should cover if there is a problem with the product

And since there is no product there is no problem.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, DankDoodles said:

I started the refund process for it

I don't know if it would be a scam or not since I bought the warranty that should cover if there is a problem with the product

You didn't buy the product, that's plain and simple.

Edit:

How is it any different than buying a UPS with a $100,000 warranty and then asking them for $100,000 without anything going wrong or only losing $5 of equipment?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Can't they refund you the warranty on a product you didn't even buy? That's ridiculous, especially since the estore systems basically set you up for failure on these high demand purchases. They shouldn't have even let the purchase of the warranty process if there was no linked product.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Can't they refund you the warranty on a product you didn't even buy? That's ridiculous, especially since the estore systems basically set you up for failure on these high demand purchases. They shouldn't have even let the purchase of the warranty process if there was no linked product.

You have to go through a stupid process for warranty refunds. With items, it is easy to get a refund, just give the item back to them. But since it is all digital, you have to talk to the people who covers your warranty.

If they don't respond within 3 days: you get a refund.
If not: You have to have a 1 on 1 conversation with the dealer with like 7 hour delay between each message

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

You didn't buy the product, that's plain and simple.

Edit:

How is it any different than buying a UPS with a $100,000 warranty and then asking them for $100,000 without anything going wrong or only losing $5 of equipment?

No need to be so aggressive...