Videos and other programs stutter while gaming

Shadowcloud

Hello,

I recently acquired an AIO for my Ryzen 1800X and had to take out the graphics card in order to install it properly and easily. Now since then (at least I think so) when I play games (like Warzone or other slightly more demanding titles) the videos I am watching on another monitor are stuttering and drop frames a lot. Yet that also includes overall PC performance while a game is running. Websites load slowly and stutter, chat programs lag and all that stuff. That only happens when the GPU is at around 90-100% but I would think that wasn't happening before I took it out to install the AIO. I am just not sure where the problem could come from. 

My specs:

Ryzen 1800X OC@4GHz

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070Ti also with slight OC (Drivers always up-to-date)

32GB DDR4 2666 (4 Sticks)

Asus Prime B350-Plus

3 Monitors, all at 1080p.

Chrome to watch videos on youtube.

1 minute ago, Shadowcloud said:

Hello,

I recently acquired an AIO for my Ryzen 1800X and had to take out the graphics card in order to install it properly and easily. Now since then (at least I think so) when I play games (like Warzone or other slightly more demanding titles) the videos I am watching on another monitor are stuttering and drop frames a lot. Yet that also includes overall PC performance while a game is running. Websites load slowly and stutter, chat programs lag and all that stuff. That only happens when the GPU is at around 90-100% but I would think that wasn't happening before I took it out to install the AIO. I am just not sure where the problem could come from. 

My specs:

Ryzen 1800X OC@4GHz

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070Ti also with slight OC (Drivers always up-to-date)

32GB DDR4 2666 (4 Sticks)

Asus Prime B350-Plus

3 Monitors, all at 1080p.

Chrome to watch videos on youtube.

How are your temps? Is your RAM in dual channel mode? If nothing else helps you may want to reinstall windows, although it may be a hardware problem

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

How are your temps? Is your RAM in dual channel mode? If nothing else helps you may want to reinstall windows, although it may be a hardware problem

He has 4 sticks that means all the slots are filled with ram, so it must be dual channel :D

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

He has 4 sticks that means all the slots are filled with ram, so it must be dual channel :D

true

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

Temps of the GPU are at most at 70-72°C, the CPU is at around 55-75°C depending on use while gaming.
RAM runs in Dual-Channel yes :D

Reinstalling windows... yeah, that would be my last resort as well, but I want to avoid that at all costs at the moment, because I hate doing that and that might not even be the solution to that 😮

I might do that sooner or later since I'm having some other strange issues with internal windows programs like the game bar and such things. 

2 minutes ago, Shadowcloud said:

Temps of the GPU are at most at 70-72°C, the CPU is at around 55-75°C depending on use while gaming.
RAM runs in Dual-Channel yes :D

Reinstalling windows... yeah, that would be my last resort as well, but I want to avoid that at all costs at the moment, because I hate doing that and that might not even be the solution to that 😮

I might do that sooner or later since I'm having some other strange issues with internal windows programs like the game bar and such things. 

Try turning off OC

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

27 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

Try turning off OC

So I played two quick matches in Modern Warfare now. One without the OC and one with it, while watching the same video twice.

Without the OC I dropped around 20% of the frames.
With the OC I only dropped 11%. 
So the OC even helps my card with that it seems, so that doesn't work to fix it sadly.

3 minutes ago, Shadowcloud said:

So I played two quick matches in Modern Warfare now. One without the OC and one with it, while watching the same video twice.

Without the OC I dropped around 20% of the frames.
With the OC I only dropped 11%. 
So the OC even helps my card with that it seems, so that doesn't work to fix it sadly.

try turning down the graphics

4 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

try turning down the graphics

If I turn it down more, that defeats the point of me even playing that particular game ;D
And also, that wasn't happening before removing the card. It might be updates and such but I thought that it was connected to removing the card to install the AIO or something.