HOTAS Controllers

desertlovingenglish

COVID has taken a hit as to how much flying I can do at the moment so invested in a pc ,after about 4 years out of PC gaming, to run DCS and FS. Looking for some relatively cheap HOTAS controllers and they are all ridiculously marked up, second hand X56 Sticks being sold at £290+ when they retail £215. Thrustmaster T16000Ms running at about 215 when they should be 130. Seems barmy, anyone know why? Gone are the days when you could pick up an X52 for £80 and crack on it seems.

Daily Drivers - Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G | Surface Laptop 3|

New Build - Cooler Master "Hot Box" Q500L | ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMINGRyzen 7 2700x | ASUS RX 5500 XT 6GB DDR6 | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO Black | 1TB Toshiba HDWD110UZSVA | 120GB Gigabyte SSD, 2.5" SSD SATA 3.0 | 3 x 120mm fans plus Corsair Hydro Series H75 120mm All-In-One Hydro CPU Cooler 2x 120mm SP120 PWM Fans | 500w Cooler Master MWE 500

'everyone' is looking for HOTAS controllers for the past couple of months, due to COVID (people are spending less time actually being able to fly) and because FS 2020.

Low supply on controllers and high demand have made basically everything from cheap to expensive absurdly expensive. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

'everyone' is looking for HOTAS controllers for the past couple of months, due to COVID (people are spending less time actually being able to fly) and because FS 2020.

Low supply on controllers and high demand have made basically everything from cheap to expensive absurdly expensive. 

Cheers for that, looked on ebay at the prices some people are wanting for a scuffed HOTAS and instantly shut my laptop.

New Build - Cooler Master "Hot Box" Q500L | ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMINGRyzen 7 2700x | ASUS RX 5500 XT 6GB DDR6 | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO Black | 1TB Toshiba HDWD110UZSVA | 120GB Gigabyte SSD, 2.5" SSD SATA 3.0 | 3 x 120mm fans plus Corsair Hydro Series H75 120mm All-In-One Hydro CPU Cooler 2x 120mm SP120 PWM Fans | 500w Cooler Master MWE 500

I hate to say it but you're probably screwed, It's being projected that there will be something like 2.6B USD in hardware sales just from FS2020 alone over the next couple years. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

2 minutes ago, trag1c said:

I hate to say it but you're probably screwed, It's being projected that there will be something like 2.6B USD in hardware sales just from FS2020 alone over the next couple years. 

Let's hope not! Have to see if it calms down post covid

56 minutes ago, desertlovingenglish said:

COVID has taken a hit as to how much flying I can do at the moment so invested in a pc ,after about 4 years out of PC gaming, to run DCS and FS. Looking for some relatively cheap HOTAS controllers and they are all ridiculously marked up, second hand X56 Sticks being sold at £290+ when they retail £215. Thrustmaster T16000Ms running at about 215 when they should be 130. Seems barmy, anyone know why? Gone are the days when you could pick up an X52 for £80 and crack on it seems.

Twin Stick Master Race, IDK just find something used and cheap?

Comfy Elite Set up.jpg

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

-= Topic moved to Peripherals =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER