PC keeps restarting after launching Warzone or playing it for 2-3 minutes

Hi,
I am on this brand all-new PC:

Windows 10 Education 64bit
ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
ASUS DUAL OC RTX 3070 8GB
4 sticks of 16GB Corsair LPX Vengeance 18-3600 MHz RAM (running at 3200 MHz ATM)
Seasonic Focus GX850 Gold
2x 1TB M.2 WD Blue SSD
Phanteks P400a DRGB
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler + one Noctua exhaust flow fan + 3 intake fans through a mesh

I am doing no overclocking, just set the RAMs from 2666 MHz to 3200 MHz, which seems to be the "official" supported clock speed by the new Ryzen. RAMs are rated for 3600 MHz.
I am having no problems with other games (Rise of the Tomb Rider), but Warzone just started restarting my PC every single time I either launch it or play it for about 2-3 minutes. CPU and GPU temps seem to be doing fine, I even went to BIOS and tried to increase CPU fan RPM at lower temps, so overheating does not seem to be the problem. Also tried a full game reinstall and GPU driver reinstall. Also tried to revert BIOS to defaults. Currently using BIOS 1004.
I uset to play Warzone fine for about 2 weeks and then all of a sudden (after a 200MB patch) the game just keeps restarting my PC. During this time, I also installed some ASUS AI tweaker software and Armoury, so tried uninstalling it to see if it goes away and it did not. Tried the battle net scan and repair to no result.
Please, do you have any thoughts as to what might be causing this? Also, today I received a BSOD right after booting saying "DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". I kept getting some game and Chrome crashes with higher RAM clocks before, but when reverted back to 3200 everything smoothed out (that is, until now). Thanks for the suggestions.

Did you enable XMP/DOCP for your memory, or just set the frequency to 3200 and left everything else as it was?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Did you enable XMP/DOCP for your memory, or just set the frequency to 3200 and left everything else as it was?

This enable XMP/DOCP

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Excellent question. I tried enabling a DOCP profile, but that just caused the computer to not POST. SO I did the "trick" with BIOS battery (yeah you can see this is my first PC), went back, disabled it and just tried progressing with frequencies manually. Eventually settled on 3200, which was stable.

2 minutes ago, Lubos_Rehounek said:

Excellent question. I tried enabling a DOCP profile, but that just caused the computer to not POST. SO I did the "trick" with BIOS battery (yeah you can see this is my first PC), went back, disabled it and just tried progressing with frequencies manually. Eventually settled on 3200, which was stable.

Try first enabling DOCP, and then turning down the frequency to 3200.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Try first enabling DOCP, and then turning down the frequency to 3200.

Thanks, I will try that later today as right now I have to work and can't be bothered with the PC not posting. I'll let you know.

So I tried enabling DOCP and turning frequency to 3200 and I was able to play the game for maybe 5-7 minutes (which was an improvement against the previous 2-3 mins) with GPU temps at about 67 °C and then PC rebooted again.

• 1 month later...

Have you been able to find a solution to this? I've had this issue for 2 weeks now. I un-installed and re-installed Warzone. The issue still exists and restarts on me. I then completely wiped my M.2 and reinstalled Windows on it, reinstalled battlenet, then reinstalled Warzone and it still restarts. I also sent my PC to Geek Squad at Best Buy and they did all sorts of Benchmark tests and they had no issues. The PC came back perfect.

23 minutes ago, Zeb_2021 said:

Have you been able to find a solution to this? I've had this issue for 2 weeks now. I un-installed and re-installed Warzone. The issue still exists and restarts on me. I then completely wiped my M.2 and reinstalled Windows on it, reinstalled battlenet, then reinstalled Warzone and it still restarts. I also sent my PC to Geek Squad at Best Buy and they did all sorts of Benchmark tests and they had no issues. The PC came back perfect.

I got it to work. I went into the GeForce experience app and changed my game from “full screen” to “full screen borderless”

11 minutes ago, Zeb_2021 said:

I got it to work. I went into the GeForce experience app and changed my game from “full screen” to “full screen borderless”

This changed from the borderless to full screen when I accidentally ran my game in safe mode 1 time and have been having the issue ever sense

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, Zeb_2021 said:

This changed from the borderless to full screen when I accidentally ran my game in safe mode 1 time and have been having the issue ever sense

Hi Guys,

I have been helping a friend with his PC and he is having similar issues. Game starts fine, but computer completely shuts off and turns back on again. We have tried all recommendations on other forums including the notes above with no luck. Any ideas?

The only thing that seemed to keep it running well for a while was if we would manually set it as high or Realtime priority. Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated.

I have successfully ran memory tests, GPU, and CPU benchmarks and it did well.

I started having the same issue out of the blue a day or two ago. I had played plenty of hours of warzone without issue and then all of a sudden restarts after a few minutes of play. I changed the game from “full screen” to “full screen borderless” and that helped for about an additional few minutes but still crashed. I have no idea what else to do at this point as it is not a hardware issue. 

First started on my pc last week February 17th;

ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB

8GB Corsair LPX Vengeance 18-3600 MHz RAM x2

I'm having the exact same issues when starting Warzone, full restart when on the title menu.

I have other games that all work fine like BO Cold War.

Before yesterday warzone was working fine no issues until after the update, haven't been able to play the game.

Was having this problem a couple weeks ago, then it went away after a lot of tinkering. As of the BOCW season 2 update it is happening incessantly.

ASRock B550M Pro4

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 2x

8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro x2

I changed it from fullscreen to fullscreen borderless as listed above and that seemed to have fixed it for a few hours but now it is happening again with fullscreen borderless settings also.

I'm having the same issues.  It's only with warzone.  I've tried everything imaginable and no luck.

5600x

Gigabyte 3070

32g adata ram

850w power supply

About to try my old graphics card and see if that's the compatibly issue with the most recent update.

10 minutes ago, HazmatBondo said:

I'm having the same issues.  It's only with warzone.  I've tried everything imaginable and no luck.

5600x

Gigabyte 3070

32g adata ram

850w power supply

About to try my old graphics card and see if that's the compatibly issue with the most recent update.

I have a 1050ti I just purchased since I can’t get my hands on any decent card at this time. Worst time to build a PC! Anyways since yesterday’s update I’m having the same issue as well. I do notice we all have the Ryzen 5600x.. I’ve heard people having problems on warzone with this CPU... I run EFT no problem.. 

Seems to me that we all have new ryzen CPUs and 3070s. I suspect it's the Ryzen. Are we all also on b550m MOBOs? I suspect it's a compatibility issue with this season 2 update. I did Scan and Repair through battle.net and it allowed me to play for a few hours before it happened again. Should we start reaching out to activision?

35 minutes ago, CgEpp said:

Seems to me that we all have new ryzen CPUs and 3070s. I suspect it's the Ryzen. Are we all also on b550m MOBOs? I suspect it's a compatibility issue with this season 2 update. I did Scan and Repair through battle.net and it allowed me to play for a few hours before it happened again. Should we start reaching out to activision?

I only have the 1050ti and I have the X570-Plus MOBO. I do have the 5600x and I’ve heard of people having issues with warzone and this CPU. I know they made a bios update for this reason. I’ve yet to do it since I haven’t had any issues until this season two update.. day one couldn’t play at all, yesterday was able to play most the day and now today nothing again. Very frustrating... anyone got a decent GPU laying around that they don’t want double the price for lmao

I can't update my bios until monday, so if anybody else does and has any luck let me know

40 minutes ago, CgEpp said:

I can't update my bios until monday, so if anybody else does and has any luck let me know

I know it's early but the most recent update to my bios seems to have fixed the issues.  My motherboard is a asus tuff b550-plus

2 hours ago, HazmatBondo said:

I know it's early but the most recent update to my bios seems to have fixed the issues.  My motherboard is a asus tuff b550-plus

BIOS update working for me so far too. 

Thanks for all of the replies. He also is using a 5600x and a 3070 with a B550-F motherboard. Strange part is, I also have the same exact build (I have TUF 3070 instead) and I have no issues. I will have him try to update the BIOS and will report back with the results.

I have a 5600x, x570 board, and 2060 gpu and ever since season 2 update I haven't been able to get past the driver installations without my pc rebooting.  Sounds like lots of the same motherboards and cpus are having the same issues.  If anyone finds a fix please let me know.