Is Google the best Search engine? (business studies research task)

ilikepork

IMO, it's the cleanest and fastest search engine out there, it looks amazing and help me so many times with homework, finding music with only one line of the song, and that's how I found Linus so it's the best.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Increasingly, no.

In the US and UK we are no longer allowed to disable SafeSearch on Google. The 'Off' function is now the same as the previous 'moderate' function, and 'On' is the previous 'Strict' function - if you want to disable it, you need to use a different Google locale such as 'google.de'.

It may seem like a small issue to a lot of people, but I find it disgusting personally. We should have the freedom to choose the nature of our search requests, and I do not appreciate Google imposing these restrictions upon us.

Oh, and Bing has a superior image search function surprisingly. It tends to bring high-res, high-quality images to the forefront of searches and generally provides more relevant results. It also has a pretty nifty recommended search queries to the right as well which are surprisingly relevant to whatever you are searching for. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

It seems people think bing is the only alternative to google,  try a few different ones, you can even choose ones that search only certain fields of science:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Technically speaking, something like duckduckgo and the like are much more anonymous and safer options, and provide very good results. I still use google though, because it is so fast, clean, and pretty