What is the difference of the gpu between brands?

Hello, so I am planning to buy a Geforce GTX1660 super but I see different brands like EVGA 1660, MSI 1660 or ROG 1660 and other more. Is the performance of the 1660 still the same or does it vary from brand to brand?

the performance will vary little to nothing, due to the boost clocks the card will apply automatically (and the fact that you can get a better/worse chip just by chance).

the differences are mainly in the:

- Cooler (size, noise, looks)

- Connections (HDMI/Displayport config may vary)

- Support (who do you contact when there is a problem with your card)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They should all have the same performance, the chip should be the same in all of them, the only thing different in the brands are how they cool it. So at most you might get high temps if you pick 1 brand over the other.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qJB4Xv

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($269.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($394.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($869.99 @ Staples) 
Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Asus 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.64) 
Total: $2338.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-08 10:04 EST-0500

Also some brands have RGB integration with other components which, if your into that sort of thing, might be of value. When I shop between brands I also tend to look at customer service records and warranty provisions just in case :)

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

If you search the review sites there are differences in performance that may arise from improved component quality, but it's rare that board partners offer anythibg significant over their competitors.  However, high quality binned GPUs vary from base-level boards in their ability to overclock, which is why the completely unlocked EVGA 3090 Kingpin is several hundred dollars more than other 3090 options.

Top end cards are only worth it for extreme overclockers, or gamers with high performance custom water cooling loops that plan to run a moderately-high overclock for daily use.

The GPUs between brands are the same.

But remember that the 1660 Super is better than the 1660.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566