NO POST on ASUS Strix X570-E

thekaloyan
Go to solution Solved by Rooked,

Have you updated your BIOS on your motherboard? You may have gotten an older X570 which does not support Ryzen 5000 series yet unless you update their BIOS.

I was just upgrading my PC with some new motherboard and CPU and now it won't post. 

It's a 5900x on an ASUS Rog Strix x570-E board. The Q-Code is 02 (AP initialization before microcode loading) and there are Q LEDs on the board too lit up in green and yellow ("BOOT" and "RAM").

The motherboard logo shows on screen with text below "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings" but never goes past that. Pressing keys on the keyboard doesn't work either.

I tried unplugging all usb devices, also doing it but keeping just the keyboard, I tried 5 different ram modules on their own, different ram slots, I checked all connections, everything lights up and spins up.

Everything from ram to bood devices is the same as before and should work.

Any idea what the combination of the Q-Code and Q-LEDs means?

1 hour ago, Duckster said:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?113144-Crosshair-VIII-Formula-will-not-post-HDD-Code-02-Post-Error

seems like you need to clear cmos and unplug power cable for 1 min

if it doesn't work, it might be your HDMI cable. Some people said their issue was a faulty HDMI cable

Neither of those worked. Cleared cmos, Changed hdmi cables, display port cables, different monitors.

Also switched power supplies and reseated the CPU.

Have you updated your BIOS on your motherboard? You may have gotten an older X570 which does not support Ryzen 5000 series yet unless you update their BIOS.

19 hours ago, Rooked said:

Thabk you, I was assured that the bios had been updated for 5000 series but I had to flash it and now it works