So, I’m thinking about getting an Xbox, is there any clue on when it won’t be getting snagged by scalpers as much?

Underfire17
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe.,

A person on the forum made a discord server that automatically checks when something get in stock including the xbox series s and give you a link. Still not perfect as it takes times for you to check out but a lot better than spamming refresh hoping that stock comes in. 

Yeah I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I’m wanting to get a Series S for my boyfriend since he’s thinking about getting more into gaming. I just don’t know when it will be manufactured enough for it to basically not be worth scalping. I heard that the ps5 will be available soon, but I haven’t heard much about the Xbox. I’m willing to wait since I’m not about to give one of those greesy lards a handy, but I have no clue if it would be worth trying to get one since Xmas is literally slapping me in the face and they are still snatching them up.

Check around early to mid december. Microsoft wont let the holiday season ruin their product launch, the same thing happened with the first xbox one upon launch and within a month microsoft was blowing out store shelves to over compensate.

Do the classic "wait on the website 24/7 furiously clicking f5 until it says 'buy now'".

JK but I don't think the scalpers are going to give up anytime soon. your best chance is most likely to either shell out extra or being really lucky.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

1 minute ago, 8tg said:

Check around early to mid december. Microsoft wont let the holiday season ruin their product launch, the same thing happened with the first xbox one upon launch and within a month microsoft was blowing out store shelves to over compensate.

I really hope so. Thanks!

A person on the forum made a discord server that automatically checks when something get in stock including the xbox series s and give you a link. Still not perfect as it takes times for you to check out but a lot better than spamming refresh hoping that stock comes in. 

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, eeeee1 said:

Do the classic "wait on the website 24/7 furiously clicking f5 until it says 'buy now'".

JK but I don't think the scalpers are going to give up anytime soon. your best chance is most likely to either shell out extra or being really lucky.

Yeah, i really don’t want to buy from them, but if the world ends I may have to. Thanks for the comment!

3 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Oh wow! I never knew they had a discord for this kinda thing! Thanks for that!

Outside of the above suggestions, it could be possible that you're waiting a while to get your boyfriend an Xbox Series S. 

Although, if I was to be completely honest, as good of a Christmas gift as it'd be, there's not much reason to purchase an XSS (or a Series X... or a PS5 for that matter) at this moment. Just keep an eye out and you might get lucky.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

TSMC has to keep up w/production, since AMD is creating/ordering chips for PS5 processors & graphics cards, XB:S-X/S processors & graphics cards, laptop processors & graphics cards and desktop processors & graphics cards.  It's a major order to fill simultaneously, along w/lower yields due to it only being a 2nd gen.  They'll have an equilibrium sometime next year more than likely, once people're able to purchase some and demand is below supply.

Primary

CPU:      i9-10900k 3.7-5.3GHz (10th gen)

GPU:      EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12gb

MB:         ASUS RoG Maximus XIII Hero (ATX)

RAM:      64gb (4x16) DDR4-3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ Silver/Black (CL16)

HD:         1x 8TB Corsair MP400 NVMe PCIe 3.0 (SSD)

2x 16TB Seagate Exos 7200rpm (HDD)

E-HD:     12TB WD

PSU:       EVGA 1000w G2, 80+ Gold (modular)

UPS:       900w CyberPower

Display:   ASUS 27” 1440p/270Hz IPS 0.5ms (XG27AQM)

Aorus 27" 1440p/165Hz IPS 1ms (FI27Q-P) iGPU

KeyB:      EVGA Z15 (wired)

Mouse:    Logitech G-502 Hero (400/600/800/1000)

Headset: JBL Quantum ONE Gaming Headset

Case:      Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh (ATX)

Other:     XB-1 Wireless Controller Adapter w/Controller

NPET H01 Gaming Mouse Bungee Cord Holder w/4 USB Ports

Gaming Computer Specs.pdf

On 11/29/2020 at 8:25 PM, Lord Vile said:

You could go into an actual store and see if they're doing preorders

Just tried the other day. The guy I talked to was not sure about when they were going to come in either.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, Taintedmind said:

TSMC has to keep up w/production, since AMD is creating/ordering chips for PS5 processors & graphics cards, XB:S-X/S processors & graphics cards, laptop processors & graphics cards and desktop processors & graphics cards.  It's a major order to fill simultaneously, along w/lower yields due to it only being a 2nd gen.  They'll have an equilibrium sometime next year more than likely, once people're able to purchase some and demand is below supply.

Yeah, I actually didn't think about that tbh. I'm probably going to wait anyway, since every first batch of consoles usually die really early on and I don't want to have to deal with a broken Xbox.