Quest 2 vs Rift S

Ambilla1990

With seeing how the quest 2 would be the the best bang for your buck in the VR world, my only question would be has anyone had any connection issues to PC with the quest 2 like the Rift S has been plagued with since the last firmware update? Or has Facebook finally addressed this issue?

Pc build: I9 9900k, 64gb 3600mhz ram, z390 rog strix motherboard, Rog strix RTX 2080ti, 850w supernova psu, fractal design mesify C case

I have a quest 1 and mainly use virtual desktop to wirelessly stream games to the headset. It hitches every now and then but I find little to no difference in terms of latency or accuracy compared to using it though oculua link. 

I would suggest the quest 2 simply because it's also a stand alone unit. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

If you want a PC only headset, you might want to check out HP Reverb G2. Spec wise, it's pretty much better than anything from Oculus and doesn't have facebook account requirement to it. (It's not out yet, but it comes out soon)

That said, between the two headset you've mentioned, the quest 2, spec wise, is better than the Rift S in pretty much every way.

I got the Quest 2 and it's great by itself. Wish I could answer your question, but I can't tell you anything about PC connection. Be it wired or even wirelessly... Because I can't get a graphic card to use it due to no stocks anywhere and my current GPU doesn't support whatever thing it requires for PC VR to work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv