Incorrect Cablemod order?

mosti

Hello,

Has anyone ever received an incorrect order from cablemod and can let me know what process is usually undertaken?

I'm quite annoyed rn as I've spent a whopping $300 on my custom cables (not even including international express postage and other things I got on the side. Total order was close to $400...) and after the 3 week wait they finally arrived. 

Firstly, I ordered all cables to be in the pro variant however these are the standard thickness cables (I've other cablemod cables to compare to). None of these cables came with the aluminum combs I had ordered and I also opted to have extras on the 24pin atx. 

Furthermore, I paid extra to have my 3x 8pin pcie cables bridged aswell as my 2x 8pin cpu cables to he bridged... none of the cables are bridged they are all single cables. 

I'm quite annoyed as I've been waiting on these cables to finish this workstation build which has now left me out of work as I've dismantled my old system. Some of you may be thinking, just put it back together....

I run a full custom watercooling loop on acrylic hard tubes with a 480 and 360mm radiators etc etc... If I use the psu cables I'm not going to drain my loops and dismantle 3/4 of this crazy custom build just to run the new cables... 

I guess what I'm trying to say is...how do I get my money back? If cablemod is willing to supply me with credit for a new order...fine I'll take it but I'd also like a discount as I can't possibly wait further weeks to finish this system... Discount for having to drain my 5litres of ek cryofuel and spending 2days to dismantle and re route the entire cable system again if they send me a new set. (It really is a crazy custom build).

EDIT

Because it apparently wasn't obvious enough, I'm after a full refund as I have a batch of cables I will now not use. I could have purchased a bunch of cables from the store at a small fraction of the cost if I was after just generic sleeved cables.

Thoughts on what I can expect?

Thanks guys

3 minutes ago, mosti said:

Hello,

Has anyone ever received an incorrect order from cablemod and can let me know what process is usually undertaken?

I'm quite annoyed rn as I've spent a whopping $300 on my custom cables (less postage and other things I got on the side) and after the 3 week wait they finally arrived. 

Firstly, I ordered all cables to be in the pro variant however these are the standard thickness cables (I've other cablemod cables to compare to). None of these cables came with the aluminum combs I had ordered and I also opted to have extras on the 24pin atx. 

Furthermore, I paid extra to have my 3x 8pin pcie cables bridged aswell as my 2x 8pin cpu cables to he bridged... none of the cables are bridged they are all single cables. 

I'm quite annoyed as I've been waiting on these cables to finish this workstation build which has now left me out of work as I've dismantled my old system. Some of you may be thinking, just put it back together....

I run a full custom watercooling loop on acrylic hard tubes with a 480 and 360mm radiators etc etc... If I use the psu cables I'm not going to drain my loops and dismantle 3/4 of this crazy custom build just to run the new cables... 

I guess what I'm trying to say is...how do I get my money back? If cablemod is willing to supply me with credit for a new order...fine I'll take it but I'd also like a discount as I can't possibly wait further weeks to finish this system... Discount for having to drain my 5litres of ek cryofuel and spending 2days to dismantle and re route the entire cable system (It really is a crazy custom build).

Thoughts on what I can expect?

Thanks guys

So.... 3 things here................

Never put yourself in a situation where your waiting on a frivolous PC mod if its costing you money, because if it is costing you money the answer is obvious; yes, use the stock cables and get the machine up and running. Or, don't decommission your old build until the new one is finished. And thinking they will "reimburse you" for your time lost or fluid lost... thats not how the world works, lol. I understand your trying to value your time, but if you actually value your time, you wouldn't be sitting with a non-functioning PC waiting for "fancy" looking cables. Buying a consumer commodity "frivolous' part, your not going to get any sort of "lost of revenue" coverage.

With that out of the way, why do you have to drain the entire loop just to change wires? Its built in a way that is impossible to route cables without disassembly? If so, maybe a really poor choice for a deployed revenue generating machine, but again, thats a choice you made, and this is you dealing with said choice. Nothing wrong with that choice - assuming you can accept the issues it presents, which are difficulty in replacing parts and longer than normal downtime for any sort of routine maintenance or part swaps.

3) dump the coolant in a bucket and reuse it, no need to waste it if you don't want to.

I would expect them to make it right via getting you new cables, but don't expect or even request them to cover loss in salves/revenue, time spent on de/re-building, or fluid costs. Hope it all works out.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

You've obviously misinterpreted my point. 

In layman terms, and I'll put it quite simple..

I will only accept a new batch of cables if I'm to be compensated for my loss of time and materials. How my system is built is no concern, the fact I received an entirely wrong order is.  So where does that leave us? I'm after a refund as I'd like to have the system up and running.

Just for an FYI.... this system is costing me over $7000, so yeah, I need to retire the old system as I'm using some of the old pieces. This is a full custom system not a simple build with an AIO slapped on.

Anyone who's experienced a cablemod incorrect order? Did find a post where someone had their cables replaced and also for refunded meaning they received cables free.

6 hours ago, mosti said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is...how do I get my money back?

Well the first step is to actually contact Cablemod.

The support link is right next to the store link on the navigation page: https://cablemod.com/support/

Or you could email them at Support@CableMod.com

Their support is your standard less than 24 hours response from sending an email.

Wanting a refund or replacement credit is reasonable.

Wanting to be compensated for whatever arbitrary value you place on your time... who knows.

Mistakes happen and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Do make a build log when you're done, the build sounds cool based on your description!

7 hours ago, mosti said:

I'm after a full refund as I have a batch of cables I will now not use. I could have purchased a bunch of cables from the store at a small fraction of the cost if I was after just generic sleeved cables.

send it back, ask for refund. if you're in EU this is your right to do, however you must adhere to the specified regulations, and may have to pay for shipping. 

if your not in EU you may still can do this, but I'm not knowledgeable on all laws in all countries so you may have to do some customer rights research yourself. 

or alternatively call them and ask what they can do and if your eligible for a refund otherwise. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Well the first step is to actually contact Cablemod.

The support link is right next to the store link on the navigation page: https://cablemod.com/support/

Or you could email them at Support@CableMod.com

Their support is your standard less than 24 hours response from sending an email.

Wanting a refund or replacement credit is reasonable.

Wanting to be compensated for whatever arbitrary value you place on your time... who knows.

Mistakes happen and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Do make a build log when you're done, the build sounds cool based on your description!

I jumped straight onto support within minutes of opening my package hehe. Still waiting a response however. I did get a reply to a question I had within 24hours prior to my cables being delivered however in this case I'm edging close to 48hrs without response. I understand the circumstances are a little different and they're probably investigating with their factory in China just how this complete blunder on a $300+ order has occurred.

I expect to be fully refunded at the very least as I obviously have not received what was ordered. Its not even close to being accurate apart from the colour scheme. Cables are thin, no combs and no bridging. Had it just been a small discrepancy I'd have just conceeded that mistakes happen and ask for a reimbursement for the things which weren't implemented. This is far too large a discrepancy to suggest I'd be content with a partial refund and keep the cables. I also don't see how I should be held accountable for international shipping return for an incorrectly sent order. 

As I previously mentioned, I would have just been able to purchase their pre built kits which come with twice the amount of cables at less then 1/4 the price I've paid for these and I also would not have had to wait 3 weeks for it. So I'd definitely not be content with a partial refund and keep the cables. They are useless to me right now. 

@CableMod If you're seeing this, I'm quite annoyed with this entire situation. I honestly don't know how this was checked off. Busy rush? There's just way too many variances and I'm wondering just how many other orders have been completely blundered in this batch of orders. My order number is G87035

@mosti very sorry about the mistake on your order, and rest assured, if you wish for a refund we will of course provide you with one. We did have an issue where the configurator IDs did get generated incorrectly and it didn't show the pro enabled option or the pro combs. We again though are happy to offer a refund on this, or we are also offering priority remakes (free of charge obviously) if you would rather. Our support team will get back to you immediately though if you already put in a ticket. Our team does have some time off because of Thanksgiving though of course so please give them some time to get back to you accordingly, but they will get you taken care of, rest assured.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:11 AM, mosti said:

You've obviously misinterpreted my point. 

In layman terms, and I'll put it quite simple..

I will only accept a new batch of cables if I'm to be compensated for my loss of time and materials. How my system is built is no concern, the fact I received an entirely wrong order is.  So where does that leave us? I'm after a refund as I'd like to have the system up and running.

Just for an FYI.... this system is costing me over $7000, so yeah, I need to retire the old system as I'm using some of the old pieces. This is a full custom system not a simple build with an AIO slapped on.

Anyone who's experienced a cablemod incorrect order? Did find a post where someone had their cables replaced and also for refunded meaning they received cables free.

Looks like cable mod replied exactly how one would expect.

I didn’t misunderstand, I am just explaining how life works. They are not going to compensate you for loss of time or material. This is a consumer commodity... its equivalent to saying Amazon shipped you a bed sheet that didn’t fit you bed, and you want then to cover the hardship for not being able to sleep in your bed.

They messed up, and they will either refund you, or fix the issue. It appears they have committed to that, and that is the expected outcome. Again, it’s not their fault you put yourself in a position to not be able to work until the build was complete. I understand why (using old parts in new build) but this is why most revenue generating machines are fully replaced. Old machine up and running while new machine is tested and verified working, THEN you swap them out. How much revenue does this machine generate you? If your losing more money then the parts would cost to get your old machine up and running, just buy those parts so you can have the old rig running while the new one is built. If it doesn’t, I suppose waiting is the right course of action. It’s a hard spot, but don’t have unrealistic expectations. Even if you bought an Intel Xeon cpu and it fried, you wouldn’t expect Intel to cover losses while parts were shipped and replaced. The only way you would possibly expect that is if you paid a very high premium for a pre-server that guaranteed a certain uptime, and if that uptime was not met you then could have a case for claiming hardship.

Anyways, that’s a lot of words just to say I do feel your pain. Stuff does happen. But being unrealistic about the issue doesn’t help anyone. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air