When will the aib amd cards launch

Ankh Tech

Today the aib cards will launch, and I want to try my luck with a 6800 xt gaming x trio. so will they also launch 5 pm ksa, like the fe cards?

1 minute ago, Meganter said:

Crystal ball time !

already gone, I hate my luck

They sold out so fast they never even went on sale.  More likely to see trump turn the election then most of us are to get a graphics card

14 minutes ago, rar0uni said:

They sold out so fast they never even went on sale.  More likely to see trump turn the election then most of us are to get a graphics card

I just wish scalpers have a heart, like profit is not a sin, but profit this way is a sin in most people's eyes

according to Scan.co.uk they received no AIB cards today...

image.png.0dd9a40c27a9b66ad5a4d4b31b02f4e4.png

I wonder where all the AMD fanboys are gone who said AMD will do a better job then Nvidia lol

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Just now, shaz2sxy said:

I wonder where all the AMD fanboys are gone who said AMD will do a better job then Nvidia lol

well I am an amd fanboy, but a patient fan boy, I'll wait for aib reviews, but I love the gaming x trio, so probably getting that

1 hour ago, shaz2sxy said:

They did better, 2020 made sure they didn't /s (/s maybe?)

12 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

Scan didn't get any, Microcenter didn't get any, Memory Express didn't get any. Where did all the cards go???

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

yeah they did, but delay and some dumb decisions from amd made it worse. If they released both the cpu and fe and aib gpu cards at once later this year, they would've wrecked intel andnvidia even more

1 hour ago, Alyanova said:

Scan didn't get any, Microcenter didn't get any, Memory Express didn't get any. Where did all the cards go???

Linus got them all, all 2 units. Tho Canada typically gets less stock than the US in general, but even then CC seems to get better stock options at times, tho they don't even display a single 6000 series card on their site like ME lol.

1 hour ago, Ankh Tech said:

yeah they did, but delay and some dumb decisions from amd made it worse. If they released both the cpu and fe and aib gpu cards at once later this year, they would've wrecked intel andnvidia even more

Rushing releases before xmas buying times makes sense, because it guarantees someone buying your product before buying gifts. However I will agree they like Nvidia should have held back on the release date to be able to ship more at once (or at least release it with AIBs). However I'm still blaming 2020 on making them look bad.

13 minutes ago, Alyanova said:

Scan, CCL, and Overclockers all reported 0 cards.

I expect the same will be true for Box and the other major retailers.  

Pretty much the definition of a vapour launch. 

16 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

How did they do better?

AMD had less Cards available on launch, Even if you compare FE cards and virtually no AIB on launch? at least Nvidai cards are being shipped 

both Nvidia and AMD could have done better. but the Human Virus hasnt helped.

Also i am not a AMD or Nvidia Fanboy... I have AMD 5600x on my 3070FE :)

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

How did they do better?

AMD had less Cards available on launch, Even if you compare FE cards and virtually no AIB on launch? at least Nvidai cards are being shipped 

both Nvidia and AMD could have done better. but the Human Virus hasnt helped.

Also i am not a AMD or Nvidia Fanboy... I have AMD 5600x on my 3070FE :)

AMD had less cards in physical stores(or non-existent), however since no one knows the true numbers it's genuinely hard to claim on who did better than they other ;) In order to do better "technically" AMD only needed a +1 card available vs Nvidia. Tho their claims in the media where very wrong.

Nvidia deliberately bought a small batch of Samsung nm chips apparently hence why they sold out fast and are now able to ship amounts bits at a time, where as AMD has to fight with others including themselves for their chips likely since they use TSMC.

Now what everyone here is missing is that Scan is in fact getting shipments for the Ryzen 5000 series chips (and in Ontario for no logical reason at all Barries CC has 5+ units of the 5600X), which means it is more of a allocation issue on AMDs end then anything.

Linus actually presented the issue with AMD fairly well here:

9 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

AMD had less cards in physical stores(or non-existent), however since no one knows the true numbers it's genuinely hard to claim on who did better than they other ;) In order to do better "technically" AMD only needed a +1 card available vs Nvidia. Tho their claims in the media where very wrong.

Nvidia deliberately bought a small batch of Samsung nm chips apparently hence why they sold out fast and are now able to ship amounts bits at a time, where as AMD has to fight with others including themselves for their chips likely since they use TSMC.

Now what everyone here is missing is that Scan is in fact getting shipments for the Ryzen 5000 series chips (and in Ontario for no logical reason at all Barries CC has 5+ units of the 5600X), which means it is more of a allocation issue on AMDs end then anything.

Linus actually presented the issue with AMD fairly well here:

i'm on the waiting list with Scan for the 5800x :( its very odd though as the 5900x there are over 1300 pre orders and only 24 expected this week.  but other regions have had lots of stock of the 5900x.

I agree this seems to be more of a distribution issue as not being spread across evenly.

its going to be at least Feb/March before both Nvidia and AMD catch up and stock is available normally.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

i'm on the waiting list with Scan for the 5800x :( its very odd though as the 5900x there are over 1300 pre orders and only 24 expected this week.  but other regions have had lots of stock of the 5900x.

I agree this seems to be more of a distribution issue as not being spread across evenly.

its going to be at least Feb/March before both Nvidia and AMD catch up and stock is available normally.

I'm guessing the complexity and quality needed for the higher end cpus will mean longer delays, locally (Ontario) we have both 5800 and 5600 chips but nothing higher. AMD also likely looked at past sales and decided to ship more to those areas/companies over evenly threw out which makes sense from a financial point of view because the last thing they want is returns of unsold overstock in 2021 which would look bad on paper for their first quarter. For back orders and pre-orders companies like Scan will place a single order with either the manufacture or supplier and wait, which is why when you look at their update page you'll see "unexpected shipment of 40 units of 5800X CPUs" not just once but 2 times because they likely got thrown on the truck as a afterthought or last minute delivery they were able to throw in.

I think part of the issue is AMD might not of expected such a large demand for their cards as it is first gen RT even tho everything else is basically at least equal to Nvidias 3000 series. If that is the case then they are at fault for not allocating enough, however only AMD knows the full details of their situation.

I agree, they might be able to pull it off in mid-late Jan since others likely won't be ordering as much at that time (a issue with a pre xmas launch chip demands are really high)

I like to buy my stuff from BB as horrible as that sounds, They still say "Coming Soon" So at least there they haven't released them.