Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for an CPU, Motherboard, Ram, (and maybe a cooler?) build ($500+)

Hello, I'm currently searching for a CPU, Motherboard, Ram and maybe a cooler. I'm upgrading from an i5-4690K (stock cooler, never oced), G1 Sniper B6 Mobo, and some random 8GB ram.

I've have done my research, and so far the best option I could find is going with either Ryzen 5600X or Intel 10700K. I tend to lean onto the Ryzen because I also use RX 580 atm, but with the current situation, the only option available is the Intel one on the market. Also I intend to make the ram at least 16GB.

 

Budget (including currency): 

I'm currently living in Indonesia (the currency is IDR), and with Rp7.000.000 budget or about $500. 

Country: 

Indonesia. The official marketplace has sold out all of the Ryzen 5600X ($360) but there are third party sellers who sells for a lot more than the original price ($410). The Intel option is available in the official market for $361 for non K version, KF version ($390) and the K version for $422.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

I currently in need of an upgrade because of the workflow I currently have. I tend to open office apps and adobe photoshop and illustrator. But I also upgrade to play the next gen titles, such as AC: Valhalla, etc. And I currently planning to stream in the future.

Other details 

I'm playing on a 144hz, 1920x1080 monitor but want to upgrade somewhere along the future.

I already have an RX 580 and 650w psu and don't need any pheripherals. 

I want to make the build long lasting.

And from the past experience I haven't overclock my i5-4690k CPU yet because it is still on the stock cooler, but maybe that could change if I include a cooler in this build since I haven't tried any OC because of the stock cooler. 

 

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated, thank you!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Abydiot said:

I'm currently living in Indonesia (the currency is IDR), and with Rp7.000.000 budget or about $500. 

Hmm... for that budget for cpu, motherboard, and ram. You can go for i7-10700, Asrock B460M Pro4, and V-Gen Tsunami 2x16 2666 DDR4

 

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Hmm... for that budget for cpu, motherboard, and ram. You can go for i7-10700, Asrock B460M Pro4, and V-Gen Tsunami 2x16 2666 DDR4

 

unfortunately i7 have gone up in price again due to ryzen 5600x shortage :/ 2 days ago 10700k was  350€ and 10700KF 320€ at amazon.de, now its 400€ for the K and 350 for the KF skew version :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Hmm... for that budget for cpu, motherboard, and ram. You can go for i7-10700, Asrock B460M Pro4, and V-Gen Tsunami 2x16 2666 DDR4

 

Does the i7-10700 non K made much difference than the K version?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, YSL_know_plug said:

unfortunately i7 have gone up in price again due to ryzen 5600x shortage :/ 2 days ago 10700k was  350€ and 10700KF 320€ at amazon.de, now its 400€ for the K and 350 for the KF skew version :(

yeah it really sucks for the current time we living right now

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Abydiot said:

Does the i7-10700 non K made much difference than the K version?

As long as you still uses the 580 there's no performance difference at all. the Z is for unlocked or overclockable cpu. But if it's paired with B460 board, it's basically useless.

 

If you wanted a better value maybe the i7-10700F for about Rp4.600.000 at Tokopedia. Btw the i7-10700 is Rp5.000.000 at Tokopedia, while the i7-10700KF is Rp5.600.000 at Tokopedia

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

As long as you still uses the 580 there's no performance difference at all. the Z is for unlocked or overclockable cpu. But if it's paired with B460 board, it's basically useless.

 

If you wanted a better value maybe the i7-10700F for about Rp4.600.000 at Tokopedia. Btw the i7-10700 is Rp5.000.000 at Tokopedia, while the i7-10700KF is Rp5.600.000 at Tokopedia

Ah I see. I think I'm going to stick with the stock and not oc the cpu. I heard that the B460 Board is a budget option right? What would I lose if chose that mobo?

and also do you recommend other ram other than V-Gen? I asked a friend and he did not recommend that brand and instead choose from the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Abydiot said:

Ah I see. I think I'm going to stick with the stock and not oc the cpu. I heard that the B460 Board is a budget option right? What would I lose if chose that mobo?

and also do you recommend other ram other than V-Gen? I asked a friend and he did not recommend that brand and instead choose from the others.

There's only 2 main features that you loose by using a B460 board:

- Can't overclock (obviously)

- Max ram speed on i7 is 2933mhz while for i5 is 2666mhz (outrageous)

 

Okay now lets list it:

1 hour ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Hmm... for that budget for cpu, motherboard, and ram. You can go for i7-10700, Asrock B460M Pro4, and V-Gen Tsunami 2x16 2666 DDR4

This one here is for if you chose the i7-10700 priced Rp5.000.000 and that motherboard is priced Rp1.400.000 (it's actually a bit more then that but it's for simplicity sake). Then you're left with Rp600.000 which is the priced for that V-gen kit. Pretty excellent value kit IMO.

 

But if you chose the i7-10700F priced Rp4.600.00 and now we uses the actual mobo price which is Rp1.440.000. Now you are left with Rp960.000.

 

And with that you can chose the HyperX Furry 2x8GB 2666mhz for Rp1.010.000 at Tokopedia

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×