TCL 10L 128GB @ $190

zedselder

So since the dawn of the S6, I've been a huge Samsung fan (and we don't need to go into why I believe that Samsung is the best, that's not why I came here), and I'm also a true Note lover because of the stylus. So my Note literally fell from a 13th-floor balcony and got destroyed, talk about luck and number 13 😂, thank god I had a complete cloud backup of my phone's data and It was just a couple of days old, so no data was lost.

I'm using an ancient backup phone I had just for now until I decide what phone will I buy, but of course, I'm not going to buy a new Note, I plan to buy a mid-range phone so that I can do all my daily tasks, I use my phone a lot at work especially when I'm out of the office for calls, emails, PDF viewing, WhatsApp and Skype besides that there's social media consumption, web browsing, some amateur photography (I'm not a professional), music streaming, youtube, 9gag and light gaming like Egg Inc. and wait for the S21 or whatever Samsung decides to name it.

So I've found out that the TCL 10L 128GB is up for $190 where I am right now so I thought that it's a good idea to buy this one considering the specs and the price.

So my question is at $190 is the TCL 10L 128GB a good phone for the tasks I mentioned above considering It'll only be used until the S21 arrival?

On 11/23/2020 at 10:04 PM, zedselder said:

So since the dawn of the S6, I've been a huge Samsung fan (and we don't need to go into why I believe that Samsung is the best, that's not why I came here), and I'm also a true Note lover because of the stylus. So my Note literally fell from a 13th-floor balcony and got destroyed, talk about luck and number 13 😂, thank god I had a complete cloud backup of my phone's data and It was just a couple of days old, so no data was lost.

I'm using an ancient backup phone I had just for now until I decide what phone will I buy, but of course, I'm not going to buy a new Note, I plan to buy a mid-range phone so that I can do all my daily tasks, I use my phone a lot at work especially when I'm out of the office for calls, emails, PDF viewing, WhatsApp and Skype besides that there's social media consumption, web browsing, some amateur photography (I'm not a professional), music streaming, youtube, 9gag and light gaming like Egg Inc. and wait for the S21 or whatever Samsung decides to name it.

So I've found out that the TCL 10L 128GB is up for $190 where I am right now so I thought that it's a good idea to buy this one considering the specs and the price.

So my question is at $190 is the TCL 10L 128GB a good phone for the tasks I mentioned above considering It'll only be used until the S21 arrival?

Based on a skimming of its specs, it seems like it'd do what you want it to do, though I've never dealt with TCL and their approach to Android. But on the hardware side of things it would do most of what you're after, maybe some stuttering in games because of the older Snapdragon but I doubt it'd be terrible. Besides, it's a filler phone so you'd only have to deal with it for what, a year? Maybe? So yeah I'd say give it a whirl, you should be able to return within two weeks if it turns out to be complete crap.

8 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Based on a skimming of its specs, it seems like it'd do what you want it to do, though I've never dealt with TCL and their approach to Android. But on the hardware side of things it would do most of what you're after, maybe some stuttering in games because of the older Snapdragon but I doubt it'd be terrible. Besides, it's a filler phone so you'd only have to deal with it for what, a year? Maybe? So yeah I'd say give it a whirl, you should be able to return within two weeks if it turns out to be complete crap.

Well, I'm not a hardcore mobile gamer, mostly I play games like clash of clans or clash royale, nothing too fancy so I think the SD 665 with 6GB of ram and UFS 2.1 storage can handle that.

And I'll be using it till the S21 arrives not beyond that so I think that's about 4 months maximum.

13 hours ago, zedselder said:

Well, I'm not a hardcore mobile gamer, mostly I play games like clash of clans or clash royale, nothing too fancy so I think the SD 665 with 6GB of ram and UFS 2.1 storage can handle that.

And I'll be using it till the S21 arrives not beyond that so I think that's about 4 months maximum.

There ya go then, answered your own question. Get it and enjoy till the next S series phone!