When do you think the 3070 will be back in stock

Beanman

I currently am planing on building my first PC around December and want to go with the 3070 but I don’t know if I can get it in time for the other parts. I might just buy a used GPU while I wait. If you have any guesses on when it will be back in stock. Also if you could recommend any cheap used graphics cards then that would be great. 
here’s my parts list ( I already own the ram)

4 minutes ago, Beanman said:

I currently am planing on building my first PC around December and want to go with the 3070 but I don’t know if I can get it in time for the other parts. I might just buy a used GPU while I wait. If you have any guesses on when it will be back in stock. Also if you could recommend any cheap used graphics cards then that would be great. 
here’s my parts list ( I already own the ram)

Your guess is as good as ours. Perhaps after the Christmas season we'll start to see more? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

It's unlikely there's going to be much stock going around in December, you may be able to find one if the bots don't get them first. Also you might want to get the 5600X if available.

For a used GPU you can get an RX480/580 for around 100$ that will hold up and all the latest titles until you get a 3070.

The next individual restock will probably be tomorrow or even today. There have been a lot of sporadic drops

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

37 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

OP, hopefully you placed yourself onto the EVGA que list for 30 series cards on their website. That’s how I got my 3080. Trying to beat the bots and getting lucky with acquiring a 3070 is an painful process. Realistically we’re probably looking at around the spring time of 2021 before things settle down. Remember, COVID has increased interest in gaming on consoles (even though consoles are cut down PC’s) and PC. So I would do what others has mentioned and buy a cheaper video card that’ll hold you over. That might even work in your favor because you could use that time waiting for a 3070 and save up some more dough for a 3080 or something.

That’s a good idea thanks.

5 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

OP, hopefully you placed yourself onto the EVGA que list for 30 series cards on their website. That’s how I got my 3080. Trying to beat the bots and getting lucky with acquiring a 3070 is an painful process. Realistically we’re probably looking at around the spring time of 2021 before things settle down. Remember, COVID has increased interest in gaming on consoles (even though consoles are cut down PC’s) and PC. So I would do what others has mentioned and buy a cheaper video card that’ll hold you over. That might even work in your favor because you could use that time waiting for a 3070 and save up some more dough for a 3080 or something.

I unfortunately didn’t can I still get in?

The key is you have to be patient.  Just keep looking at shops and refresh once in a while and you will find a non scalped one.   Being in a hurry is your enemy.    I picked up a 3090 non scalped version from a major retailer recently. 

All of the products that are in shortage come in the same way, in shipments.  There is no toggle switch of when things will be back in stock.   Items go from being sold out in a minute, to a couple of minutes, to five minutes and so on.  Soon things will be in stock for an hour or more but it will be a gradual increment. 

35 minutes ago, vsteel said:

The key is you have to be patient.  Just keep looking at shops and refresh once in a while and you will find a non scalped one.   Being in a hurry is your enemy.    I picked up a 3090 non scalped version from a major retailer recently. 

All of the products that are in shortage come in the same way, in shipments.  There is no toggle switch of when things will be back in stock.   Items go from being sold out in a minute, to a couple of minutes, to five minutes and so on.  Soon things will be in stock for an hour or more but it will be a gradual increment. 

Thanks