Ethernet is connected, but will not run

nathanyule
Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

Remove any existing static IP configuration,  update the driver, then try to get an ip again

(ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew) also try netsh winsock reset and reboot.

Hello, I am trying to run an ethernet connection off a wifi extender (this to be exact: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-EX6120/dp/B00R92CL5E/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=netgear%2Bwifi%2Bextender&qid=1606145860&sr=8-4&th=1) and it displays that it is connected, but there is no internet. I tried different ethernet ports, but that didn't help. Any help is appreciated :) 

5 minutes ago, nathanyule said:

Hello, I am trying to run an ethernet connection off a wifi extender (this to be exact: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-EX6120/dp/B00R92CL5E/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=netgear%2Bwifi%2Bextender&qid=1606145860&sr=8-4&th=1) and it displays that it is connected, but there is no internet. I tried different ethernet ports, but that didn't help. Any help is appreciated :) 

Is the modem you're using in modem or router mode?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Is your WiFI extender connected to your primary WiFi network? If not, there's no internet to share.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Is your WiFI extender connected to your primary WiFi network? If not, there's no internet to share.

Yes, it is. 

6 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Is the modem you're using in modem or router mode?

How do I check?

EDIT: I read that wrong, the modem is combined with the router.

Just now, nathanyule said:

How do I check?

You need to login to the modem configuration.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just found out that the internet works on a different computer, so it is not the ethernet cable or the wifi extender itself, but the PC. I have no idea how to fix it though :P

Remove any existing static IP configuration,  update the driver, then try to get an ip again

(ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew) also try netsh winsock reset and reboot.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro