Broken fan on graphics card

Hey

I was an absolute dunce and to check that all my fans were spinning smoothly as one fan was making a weird sound I ended up touching them to slow them down to see if the sound goes away. It was all fine on my case fans but when I touched my gpu fan I think I made it worse. It looks like I broke the fan blades, now the sound could've been from one broken blade and then me touching it broke another, but it is user fault so I don't believe my claim will go through. 

I have an Asus dual rtx 2060 oc edition, only bought it last year. I was wondering if I can buy just the replacement fan plate as everything else works I believe. I can't post cause the gpu turns off as I believe it's out of balance. I could break off the opposite blades to make it even to distribute the weight. 

Does anyone know where I can buy it from or if there may be another reason why I can't POST. 

P. S. I recently upgraded from my Intel 4790k to the new ryzen 5600x. I managed to update the bios and post originally, but since I broke it off I can't seem to post. Can a broken fan cause this type of issue or have I inadvertently done something else. 

I broke a blade on my 1070 and found a replacement on aliexpress. Broke the opposite blade to have it run smooth until I received and swapped it.

No POST could be that maybe it sees the RPM is too low compared to what it should be and refuses to start. Breaking the opposite blade would likely fix that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I find it unlikely touching the fans would break a blade, the bearings maybe but a blade? More likely it was already broken tbh, that's why they made a strange sound too probably... 

I'd try getting a replacement for sure, just don't tell them you touched the fans lol (which you really shouldn't have done) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Give the warranty route a go.

"You can't fail if you don't try" - Homer Simpson, 1990-something.

Thanks guys, i figured it out, i just unplugged the fan from the PCB, so only one runs atm. I'm not doing anything heavy so the temps don't get hot. I have a well circulated case so its always getting nice cool air, the other fan on the card isn't even spinning as its not getting hot enough.

I'm trying the warranty route now, and ill look on aliexpress. The card is over a year old so i should still have warranty.

And yes i know i should've touched it, i don't know what i was thinking lol.

if you take the fan out it will have the model number on it. 

i replaced my Strix card fan as i broke it off, its not to bad a job.

a fan blade shouldnt stop your computer frmo posting

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

i have enquired down the warranty route, the problem is ill have to send it to the place i bought it from, who will send it to asus, who will repair it, then sent it back to the seller then onto me this may take some time, and im skilled enough to replace the fan myself as i've found a replacement on aliexpress which is good, because that will take 2 to 3 weeks, so then i may have no card for xmas which is a bad thing haha.

@shaz2sxy i agree it shouldn't but weirdly enough it did, the second i unplugged the broken fan i could post and am using windows now with no issues what so ever. If i plug it in again, it causes it to shut the graphics card down. Since the 5600x doesn't have onboard graphics i need the card to see anything.

1 hour ago, Blido said:

i have enquired down the warranty route, the problem is ill have to send it to the place i bought it from, who will send it to asus, who will repair it, then sent it back to the seller then onto me this may take some time, and im skilled enough to replace the fan myself as i've found a replacement on aliexpress which is good, because that will take 2 to 3 weeks, so then i may have no card for xmas which is a bad thing haha.

@shaz2sxy i agree it shouldn't but weirdly enough it did, the second i unplugged the broken fan i could post and am using windows now with no issues what so ever. If i plug it in again, it causes it to shut the graphics card down. Since the 5600x doesn't have onboard graphics i need the card to see anything.

The fan issues is definetly wired. I wonder if the fan being broken is making it pull more power hence the GPU then not letting it powerup?

but the replacing the fan yourself is probably the best way to fix it

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro