Custom switches

Hi I'm looking for some helpim planning on building my own pc case and is there any way to have 4 switches to turn on a PSU then pump then lights then pc monitor then I will need a momentary switch to turn on the mb ?

I want each switch to turn on something different 

44 minutes ago, Gadman said:

Hi I'm looking for some helpim planning on building my own pc case and is there any way to have 4 switches to turn on a PSU then pump then lights then pc monitor then I will need a momentary switch to turn on the mb ?

I want each switch to turn on something different 

For the motherboard power switch yes you will want a momentary switch, as for the other if you want to have a toggle like switch similar to a race car arming all the system before starting that can be done. Just note that those will have to be latching push switches or a regular on/off toggle, for things like the pump and the lights. Only thing is the PSU the only way to toggle that would be to do so using the switch on the back of the unit. 

On 11/21/2020 at 2:48 PM, W-L said:

For the motherboard power switch yes you will want a momentary switch, as for the other if you want to have a toggle like switch similar to a race car arming all the system before starting that can be done. Just note that those will have to be latching push switches or a regular on/off toggle, for things like the pump and the lights. Only thing is the PSU the only way to toggle that would be to do so using the switch on the back of the unit. 

how would i turn on the pump and lights separate without turning on the mb yet ?  

40 minutes ago, Gadman said:

how would i turn on the pump and lights separate without turning on the mb yet ?  

Easiest way is to give them their own power supply. Doesn't need to be much, 2 or 3 Amp should be enough as long as you don't go overkill with the rgb

3 hours ago, Gadman said:

i would have the pump on before the mb.

for the psu and mb normal switch. no really benefit of having the psu off imo

for the lights you can add a switch cutting off the ground or positive.

i no have the psu on, to turn the psu on you need the 24pin green to ground, then a switch from the psu to the pump, then a switch from the psu to the lights, and a switch to complete the 24 pin. i dont no what pins that you can remove that wont allow the mb to boot thow if that's even do able. (you might need 2 psu to make it work)

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

16 hours ago, Gadman said:

As said by thrasher keeping the pump connected to the motherboard CPU header is a good idea to ensure that there is no problem with cooling or the potential of the pump dying which would give an RPM warning. Same for the PSU and motherboard as they are essentially synced together already.