Do You Buy Extended Warranty With Your Laptops?

I'm pretty much decided on getting a ThinkPad for college but not sure if I should add the extended warranty option. It comes standard with 1 year, 2 years is $45 and 3 years is $85, would you recommend getting the extended warranty for peace of mind?

$85 for 3 years is really not that bad.. what all does it cover? in college, any downtime with your laptop is a big deal so its probably worth it depending on what is covered and how quickly they are going to fix it.

1 minute ago, The_Vaccine said:

$85 for 3 years is really not that bad.. what all does it cover? in college, any downtime with your laptop is a big deal so its probably worth it depending on what is covered and how quickly they are going to fix it.

It says only thing not included is drops, spills, electrical surges which is expected.

There is also no clear answer on hold long it takes, they do have a depot option where you send it in, an option where someone comes to you, and another option where someone comes to you the next business day, but if I upgrade from depot to onsite it's $120 instead of $85. 

Used to not. Then Microcenter came out with their bonkers warranties where they'll give you the purchase price as store credit for the length of the warranty.

So I get it for anything over $300 if it's reasonable. But literally only at Microcenter.

On 11/20/2020 at 11:11 PM, z123killer said:

I'm pretty much decided on getting a ThinkPad for college but not sure if I should add the extended warranty option. It comes standard with 1 year, 2 years is $45 and 3 years is $85, would you recommend getting the extended warranty for peace of mind?

For that price you might as well get it, assuming it covers wear and tear items like the battery and keyboard. An OEM battery can be expensive nowadays, and replacing a panel that has dead pixels, lines or some other defect can be not only expensive but a hassle to do, generally speaking. That warranty might pay for itself with a single claim. And if it ends not up not getting used, well it was only eight five bucks. If it was over a hundred I'd say skip it, but three years ain't that bad for the price.