Issue with DT770 (Crackling as of recent under specific conditions)

Winxieboo

Hey, basically I have DT770's 80 ohm version for about 5 months now, and only recently they crackle when the cable gets bent at the place where it is connected to the headphones. I noticed this because every time i would lean back in my chair and then I would lean in, the cable would get moved and I would hear it crackle for less than a second, and then its fine. Then after further examining I noticed that it crackles anytime i slightly move the same part of the cable.
Should I be worried? Should I send them to service? I only have them for 5 months, I have never moved or bent the cable outside of normally using the headphones. If they are not on my head, then they are laying on the desk.

They are connected to focusrite solo 2nd edition if anyone is wondering.

I appreciate any feedback on this and I hope that someone can help me, because I really enjoy these pair of headphones and I wouldnt want to lose them.

Yep, you should be worried and send that in for warranty replacement asap. It will only get worse over time until the unit fails entirely and needs to be rewired. Since the 770 is fixed cable there's nothing you can do to fix it from home that doesn't involve soldering.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!