PC turning on without power switch on case pressed

ozzpala

Hi all 

I know this is a stab in the dark and

Im asking you to basically predict the lottery but would really appreciate any input so here it goes.

just finished transferring my pc from one case to another (Streacom da2) all hooked up and when I plug the power wire into the pc and flick the wall switch it powers on without me needing to press the case switch. Thought no problems opened it up and switched them around and double checked in correct place however still powering on incorrectly. Pulled the I/O headers out completely and it doesn’t boot at all then which is good news however when it did boot without pressing the switch it didn’t post bleep and there was no signal to monitor 

many thanks for any help 

13 minutes ago, ozzpala said:

Hi all 

I know this is a stab in the dark and

Im asking you to basically predict the lottery but would really appreciate any input so here it goes.

just finished transferring my pc from one case to another (Streacom da2) all hooked up and when I plug the power wire into the pc and flick the wall switch it powers on without me needing to press the case switch. Thought no problems opened it up and switched them around and double checked in correct place however still powering on incorrectly. Pulled the I/O headers out completely and it doesn’t boot at all then which is good news however when it did boot without pressing the switch it didn’t post bleep and there was no signal to monitor 

many thanks for any help 

check everything is grounded to the case (Check MOBO and PSU screws basically)

Sounds kind of like a bad case button.

As for not POSTing I can't explain. Does it POST when you disconnect the front panel switch?

@Windows7ge thanks for the reply posts fine when front panel switch is disconnected and I jump it via a screwdriver however doesn’t post or beep at all with front panel installed 

1 hour ago, ozzpala said:

@Windows7ge thanks for the reply posts fine when front panel switch is disconnected and I jump it via a screwdriver however doesn’t post or beep at all with front panel installed 

Under normal circumstances if the front panel button was pressed & held down (shorted) the computer would turn on then within a few seconds shut-off if it stays on that's a behavior I haven't dealt with before.

If you drag your old chassis over to the new one and connect the power switch from the old chassis to your motherboard I wonder if everything would behave. If it does. The chassis has a bum power switch. If it doesn't I would check and make sure you don't have any extra standoffs installed where they shouldn't be.