Any chance an ASUS X370-F Motherboard will support Ryzen 7 3700X?

peredv
Go to solution Solved by boggy77,

it's supported since bios version 4801, as per https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x370-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_cpu/

I've found mixed information online, pangoly (link) lists Ryzen 7 3700X as supported, but ASUS themselves do not mention 3rd gen. ryzen support, only 1st and 2nd gen.

This "same socket, different chipset and cpu support"-stuff have got me very confused 😕

Just now, Emergence177013 said:

You probably need a bios update for it to support 3000 series processors

Agreed, but I don't really like spending 300€ on a "probably" so I'm hoping someone has a "definitely". Thanks for the reply though!

3 minutes ago, peredv said:

Agreed, but I don't really like spending 300€ on a "probably" so I'm hoping someone has a "definitely".

Nobody here works at Asus's bios RND department.

We can just type the word "definitely" if it'll make you feel better , but this is a question for asus not us.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

Nobody here works at Asus's bios RND department.

We can just type the word "definitely" if it'll make you feel better , but this is a question for asus not us.

See:

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

it's supported since bios version 4801, as per https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x370-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_cpu/

And tyvm boggy77, I didn't think to check the "support"-page when "tech-specs" looked so definite.

4 minutes ago, peredv said:

I didn't think to check the "support"-page when "tech-specs" looked so definite.

I honestly didn't think someone wouldn't check the cpu support list , we all learned something today

1 minute ago, emosun said:

I honestly didn't think someone wouldn't check the cpu support list , we all learned something today

So you a: knew it was a thing, and b: assumed it wasn't there and still thought it might be supported? Sound like you're just finding an excuse to be snarky if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, peredv said:

So you a: knew it was a thing, and b: assumed it wasn't there and still thought it might be supported? Sound like you're just finding an excuse to be snarky if you ask me.

I thought you checked the support list , saw that it wasn't listed , and were asking if it'll ever be added.

Like I said I didn't consider you weren't looking at the support list. I kinda forget a lot that people just look at the basic tech specs sometimes and not the list.

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

I thought you checked the support list , saw that it wasn't listed , and were asking if it'll ever be added.

I didn't consider someone would just read my title and not the entire post before I started it, sorry that I phrased my title in such a confusing way.

bilde.thumb.png.33906deb22d3eab68e1871b2f46334bb.png

No mention of 3rd gen here that I can see. Which is why I included the link.