Can i get 165hz stable on cod warzone with Ryzen 5 3600 and 2080ti

Blue Cheese

My PC specs -

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI RTX 2080ti

Asus tuf B550m

16Gb g.skill flare x ram (3200mhz)

AOC 165hz 27inch Monitor

I have tried everything on internet but couldnt get stable 165 fps, goes down to 90fps and average of 120fps and goes upto 220fps. Can i get 165hz stable or even 144hz on warzone with these specs or do i need to upgrade it? Thanks Yall ❤️

5 minutes ago, Alireza said:

your cpu is a horrible bottleneck for 2080 ti

I recommend upgrading to Ryzen 5 5600x

Any proof for that? Sorry, but this is simply not true. It's not that if new cpu is released, all old are automatically bottlenecking.

OP: you don't must have stable 165Hz. Gsync/freesync is enough to get smooth gameplay.

23 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's a gross exaggeration, and he didn't even state the resolution and I'm pretty sure it uses DX 12, not 11.

Secondly, kinda hard to get a 5600x without dealing with scalpers.

even a 9700k is a tiny bit of a bottleneck for 2080 ti

i upgraded my 9900ks to 10900k and saw about 5-10% improvement in warzone with my 2080 ti(ROG Strix Variant) and if he's willing to wait a little he can get his hands on one of those for a good price

29 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Any proof for that? Sorry, but this is simply not true. It's not that if new cpu is released, all old are automatically bottlenecking.

OP: you don't must have stable 165Hz. Gsync/freesync is enough to get smooth gameplay.

its true

i saw a performance jump going from 9900ks to 10900k with 2080 ti in warzone in 4k

41 minutes ago, Alireza said:

Just because it doesn't meet your demands, doesn't mean it doesn't meet OP's demands. Have a look at this video by JayzTwoCents first before stating "you need to upgrade" 

55 minutes ago, Blue Cheese said:

My PC specs -

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI RTX 2080ti

Asus tuf B550m

16Gb g.skill flare x ram (3200mhz)

AOC 165hz 27inch Monitor

I have tried everything on internet but couldnt get stable 165 fps, goes down to 90fps and average of 120fps and goes upto 220fps. Can i get 165hz stable or even 144hz on warzone with these specs or do i need to upgrade it? Thanks Yall ❤️

At what resolution are you running the game? 1080p or 1440p? Maybe 4k?

51 minutes ago, Alireza said:

No it’s not. I have a 3600X and a 1080Ti and can get over 165 at 1080 if I drop settings to potato, the 2080Ti should be able to get there or there about at medium. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Again, you're exaggerating a bottleneck.  He didn't even state the resolution, but even if he did it's using DX12, not 11.  And, he's probably not playing below 1080p either.  Typically, a monitor that size with that refresh rate is 1440p.

he's playing at 1080p like me

23 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

No it’s not. I have a 3600X and a 1080Ti and can get over 165 at 1080 if I drop settings to potato, the 2080Ti should be able to get there or there about at medium. 

Thats the problem with pcs tho, it should run, yeah, but it doesn't for OP, so there's probably some kind of misconfiguration or another thing bottlenecking, it could be literally hundreds of things... and it's incredibly difficult to "remote fix" those things, especially because we usually don't even get remotely all necessary info, and even in person it'd be difficult, but more doable obviously. So what people do is just "throw more power at it" ie buy the newest parts, and 'bam' suddenly its 'fixed' for a while at least, until the problems start creeping up again due to misconfiguration, user errors or simply games becoming even more demanding (ie unoptimized) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Thats the problem with pcs tho, it should run, yeah, but it doesn't for OP, so there's probably some kind of misconfiguration or another thing bottlenecking, it could be literally hundreds of things... and it's incredibly difficult to "remote fix" those things, especially because we usually don't even get remotely all necessary info, and even in person it'd be difficult, but more doable obviously. So what people do is just "throw more power at it" ie buy the newest parts, and 'bam' suddenly its 'fixed' for a while at least, until the problems start creeping up again due to misconfiguration, user errors or simply games becoming even more demanding (ie unoptimized) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They’re on Ryzen so RAM speed, dual channel not single, high performance mode in windows and updated drivers 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

19 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

They’re on Ryzen so RAM speed, dual channel not single, high performance mode in windows and updated drivers 

Yeah, that's a good start, however from experience with similar threads, that will *not* fix it and likely is running dual channel / XMP already - though yes, it'd be a good start to check those things and it might just 'fix' it. 

(ps: did a million tests and benchmarks, "windows balanced" is what gives me most performance and most stable too, it may depend on the motherboard however, never figured out why any "Ryzen" power plans always perform the worst for me... even on newest windows / bios / drivers, tho as said it's likely just my mb not keeping up lol, I'm surprised it works as good as it does at all!) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity