Is my part choice trash or treasure?

Zakkimann

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Gaming, cad and rendering cad stuff.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I just wanted to know if any of these parts are garbage or just not worth it.

Ryzen 5 5600x

Arctic freezer 34 esports duo

ASUS B550-Plus TUF Gaming

Corsair Vengence 3200 2x8

Palit rtx 3070 Gaming pro

Intel 660p 1TB M.2

I recommend sticking with the stock cooler and also getting some DDR4 3600.

If getting a gaming PC as soon as possible is not a main priority, I suggest waiting for AMD's releases (at the very least the competition will help the pricing and availability of the 30 series) and the Ryzen 5 5600 is also on the horizon.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

I recommend sticking with the stock cooler and also getting some DDR4 3600.

If getting a gaming PC as soon as possible is not a main priority, I suggest waiting for AMD's releases (at the very least the competition will help the pricing and availability of the 30 series) and the Ryzen 5 5600 is also on the horizon.

Damn, is there ever a right time to build a pc. Feels like I've been told to delay it every year since cyberpunk was first announced. And just when I was going to buy the stuff for it in time to play cyberpunk AMD announced their new gpu's! aaand I decided to wait more and cyberpunk was delayed again.

Who knows maybe when I can buy an rx 6800 intel will announce a "ryzen killer" cpu. And then cyberpunk will be delayed yet again...

2 minutes ago, Zakkimann said:

Damn, is there ever a right time to build a pc. Feels like I've been told to delay it every year since cyberpunk was first announced. And just when I was going to buy the stuff for it in time to play cyberpunk AMD announced their new gpu's! aaand I decided to wait more and cyberpunk was delayed again.

Who knows maybe when I can buy an rx 6800 intel will announce a "ryzen killer" cpu. And then cyberpunk will be delayed yet again...

well now is a decent time, but "now" in terms of buying a new product is like a 3 month period depending on how you look at it.

And the main issue is really getting your hands on the stuff. Sure you can make a parts list but actually going and buying a 3070? Now that's tough.

As products mature, it becomes quite a lot easier to acquire them. Remember the mining crisis? Took some months but eventually all was normal. I wouldn't expect it to take more than a couple months for it to be possible for regular users to grab RTX 30 series and RX 6000 series graphics cards.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Zakkimann said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Gaming, cad and rendering cad stuff.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I just wanted to know if any of these parts are garbage or just not worth it.

Ryzen 5 5600x

Arctic freezer 34 esports duo

ASUS B550-Plus TUF Gaming

Corsair Vengence 3200 2x8

Palit rtx 3070 Gaming pro

Intel 660p 1TB M.2

OP, this is a good build.

The 5600x is a solid CPU, the B550 is a good performer.

If you can go for 3600 on the RAM, that’s better, depends on your budget.

The 3070 is hard to get now, you may want to see how the Radeon 6800 looks in a few weeks.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

12 hours ago, kewtz said:

OP, this is a good build.

The 5600x is a solid CPU, the B550 is a good performer.

If you can go for 3600 on the RAM, that’s better, depends on your budget.

The 3070 is hard to get now, you may want to see how the Radeon 6800 looks in a few weeks.

But if I could get a 3070 now should I? Or is it really worth it to wait?

1 hour ago, Zakkimann said:

But if I could get a 3070 now should I? Or is it really worth it to wait?

The 6800 is released on Wednesday.

Unless you have a 3070 lined up, I doubt you will get one.

If you're in a rush, sure get one.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

On 11/16/2020 at 11:50 AM, kewtz said:

The 6800 is released on Wednesday.

Unless you have a 3070 lined up, I doubt you will get one.

If you're in a rush, sure get one.

Well I barely managed to get a 3070. And after seeing the rx 6800 reviews I'm quite glad with my choice because I really wanted good ray tracing and I really just want to be able to game over the holidays so I can't be bothered to wait for AMD to improve their drivers.

1 minute ago, Zakkimann said:

Well I barely managed to get a 3070. And after seeing the rx 6800 reviews I'm quite glad with my choice because I really wanted good ray tracing and I really just want to be able to game over the holidays so I can't be bothered to wait for AMD to improve their drivers.

Awesome! Enjoy it. 

Potato Revamp