Help me get the best out of this rig I purchased

Terminus_V

Budget (including currency): Flexible

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: The sims 4, American\Euro Truck Sim, CSGO, Fortnite, Rocket League, Warzone, Cyberpunk 2077

Other details: My current config is: Ryzen 7 1700, 980Ti, 20Gb DDR4 at 2800Mhz (OCed from 2666) HyperX - Crucial Ballistix , A320M Gaming Pro MSi

So I friend of mine was getting rid of PC parts since he closed down his repair shop, and I ended up buying this "kit" from him: Asus Strix B250f motherboard, 4GB 2400mhz DDR4 Markvision RAM, Pentium G4400. I paid $90 for it, was that a good deal?

Anyway, so I'm planning now on building a new PC that's just as good as my current main PC config (see above). What can I do to bring out the best in this platform I purchased? Should I put a 7700K in it? What GPU? What can I expect in terms of performance? Do I need to get a new CPU cooler?

Here's some pics:

ezgif-7-c4d73d997129.jpg.1f4a096d64d9c6300169cb7f1c986bb7.jpg

ezgif-7-d7ca0ee81424.jpg.7a81fa5c375aead97d0b28ff277e4507.jpg

The B250 chipset does not support overclocking so there is no point getting a K suffix cpu.

The G4400  actually has better single core performance than the 1700. But the 1700 is overall a much higher performance cpu.

I'm not sure one could build a better system than your 1700 based on the B250 chipset. Certainly not at a reasonable cost.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, brob said:

The B250 chipset does not support overclocking so there is no point getting a K suffix cpu.

The G4400  actually has better single core performance than the 1700. But the 1700 is overall a much higher performance cpu.

I'm not sure one could build a better system than your 1700 based on the B250 chipset. Certainly not at a reasonable cost.

I guess I could buy a cheaper, regular 7700 then?

3 hours ago, Terminus_V said:

I guess I could buy a cheaper, regular 7700 then?

Yes, you could. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

19 hours ago, Terminus_V said:

@jaslionyou were very helpful in some of my previous posts. Can you give me your opinion on this?

You should sell it again. 90$ for what is basically a motherboard and a small stick of ram is not a good price. That and used 6700(k) or 7700(k) I7's go for stupid prices where new stuff beats it for the same/lower price.

Also you will be stuck on a platform that maxes out at 8 thread which just like the old quad core i5's will within a year (maybe 2 at most) start really having issues with games. It's never going to be as good as the system you have now.

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

You should sell it again. 90$ for what is basically a motherboard and a small stick of ram is not a good price. That and used 6700(k) or 7700(k) I7's go for stupid prices where new stuff beats it for the same/lower price.

Also you will be stuck on a platform that maxes out at 8 thread which just like the old quad core i5's will within a year (maybe 2 at most) start really having issues with games. It's never going to be as good as the system you have now.

Maybe I should just keep the pentium g4400 in there and make it an office PC then...

11 hours ago, Terminus_V said:

Maybe I should just keep the pentium g4400 in there and make it an office PC then...

That is basically what those specs are intended for nowadays.