Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 or Corsair RMx750. What should i get?

Hello!

I'm looking to pick up a new 750 watt power supply, i wanted 750 watt to future proof myself for upgrading. Though i don't know what one to pick.

Both are about the same prices in canada, both 750 watts. Thermaltake seems to have better ripple protection and voltage fluctuations, and maybe a little bit nicer of cables. But corsair seems to be very quiet and maybe has some cleaner power? 

What one should i go for? I feel like Thermaltake gives me more features for my money and more steady power then corsair.

3 minutes ago, Trist100 said:

Hello!

I'm looking to pick up a new 750 watt power supply, i wanted 750 watt to future proof myself for upgrading. Though i don't know what one to pick.

Both are about the same prices in canada, both 750 watts. Thermaltake seems to have better ripple protection and voltage fluctuations, and maybe a little bit nicer of cables. But corsair seems to be very quiet and maybe has some cleaner power? 

What one should i go for? I feel like Thermaltake gives me more features for my money and more steady power then corsair.

Personally I prefer Corsair but that's just me. I have also had a bad experience with Thermaltake before, and a great one with Corsair.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

What are they priced at for you locally?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

56 minutes ago, Trist100 said:

Thermaltake gives me more  steady power then corsair.

How do you figure?

10 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

How do you figure?

He feels.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 11/12/2020 at 12:09 PM, Mateyyy said:

What are they priced at for you locally?

About 160$ CAD, give or take a few dollars on both brands.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:35 AM, jsugarman2005 said:

Personally I prefer Corsair but that's just me. I have also had a bad experience with Thermaltake before, and a great one with Corsair.

What was your bad experience with thermaltake? 

8 minutes ago, Trist100 said:

About 160$ CAD, give or take a few dollars on both brands.

Then I'd get the RMx.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

20 minutes ago, Trist100 said:

What was your bad experience with thermaltake? 

I had one of their SMART units (They are notoriously not the best) and it failed in my system. Thankfully, all of the parts were ok except for the RGB controller. It may have just been a problem with my specific unit, but if you feel safe getting one, don't let me get in your way.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Then I'd get the RMx.

Why would you say that? I'm not saying your wrong. I just wanna people opinion it. :) 

49 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

I had one of their SMART units (They are notoriously not the best) and it failed in my system. Thankfully, all of the parts were ok except for the RGB controller. It may have just been a problem with my specific unit, but if you feel safe getting one, don't let me get in your way.

I've heard that a lot of thermaltakes power supply units have failed. But it's only certain series. Sorry that happened. 

3 minutes ago, Trist100 said:

Why would you say that? I'm not saying your wrong. I just wanna people opinion it. :)

Mainly the fact that it's quieter, but it does also perform slightly better in general (not that the differences are all that meaningful to the user).

Here's some in-depth reviews of both units:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermaltake-toughpower-gf1-850w-power-supply

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm750x-v2-psu,5585.html

19 minutes ago, Trist100 said:

I've heard that a lot of thermaltakes power supply units have failed. But it's only certain series. Sorry that happened. 

Nah, it's good. I had a backup PSU. Maybe their higher-end ones are better, IDK