PC won't turn on, motherboard sleep light flashes on then off

King_III

So I just finished new build and I dont have my cpu yet, but it should still turn on. When I went to the power supply I flipped the switch in the back a and the motherboard flashes. When I hit the power button, nothing. What's funny is that the USB on my case works but the fans on the case, power supply, GPU fan, and rgb is static. Plz help me.

Parts:

Cpu: none yet

Gpu: Radeon rx 580 (XFX)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite

Power supply: EVGA Supernova 650w fully modular 80 plus gold

How should your PC turn on without a cpu?

At least wehen your USB works you know that there isn't a short anywhere.

There is probably a CPU fault light anywhere on the mainboard, which is on permanently? Also if you hook up a speaker to the mainboard you will get a POST Error Code.

If you don't have a CPU, the motherboard can't turn on. Same for every part. If you lack one of them (except for GPU if you have an iGPU), you can't use it.

28 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

There is probably a CPU fault light anywhere on the mainboard, which is on permanently? Also if you hook up a speaker to the mainboard you will get a POST Error Code.

I ordered the Ryzen 5 5600x it just hasn't come yet thank you for the information.

29 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

I see that now, my cpu is otw so I just wanted everything ready when I got it. Thanks

Also to be said, your new Ryzen might not work either, depending on the Revision of your Mainboard you need to do a BIOS Update first, but luckily your Mainboard seems to  support Instant Flash, So just need a USB Stick for that, and look up the manual carefully.