Titanfall: Xbox One vs PC graphics comparison

TopWargamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iYknB2GCDs

I just want to point something out here. Titanfalll is running on the Source engine. SOURCE ENGINE. This is the SAME engine that powers Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, half-Life, Portal, DOTA, etc. etc. It debuted in 2004 with Half-Life 2. Needless to say, it's old. 

I'll just get right to it. Here's what's wrong with the Xbox One version:
1) Everything is darker (why that is, is beyond me)
2) Overall textures are worse than PC, although not by much 
3) Jagginess everywhere. It's a freaking Source game. COULD YOU NOT HAVE ENABLED VSYNC???
4) Titanfall for the Xbox One runs at 792p (that's just a little above 720p). AGAIN, IT'S A SOURCE GAME, HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU NOT HAVE GONE 1080P?

Either way, Respawn did say that the Xbox One version of Titanfall is more than likely getting a resolution bump. Why they didn't do that in the first place is beyond me. 
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/10/5490978/titanfall-on-xbox-one-likely-to-get-resolution-increase-respawn-says

Even with the resolution bump, the game will still only be at 900p (1600x900). Again, why the Xbox One version won't run Titanfall at 1080p is beyond me. The Xbox One easily could. Easily. Why? IT'S A SOURCE GAME.

/Rant

COMIC SANS

This is a quote from Richard Baker, lead engineer of TitanFall

"We've been experimenting with making it higher and lower. One of the big tricks is how much ESRAM we're going to use, so we're thinking of not using hardware MSAA and instead using FXAA to make it so we don't have to have this larger render target,"

"A lot of the performance is on the GPU side. There's still room for optimisation and we're still working on it," Baker commented. "Ideally it would have been a rock-solid 60 all the time when we shipped but obviously when there's big fights going on, lots of particle effects, lots of physics objects... we're still working to condense the systems, make them more parallel so we can hit 60 all the time, ideally."

Theres more updates coming including an upgraded resolution. For all that check out the article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-ships-at-792p

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I forgot titanfall was using source, even my pos laptop can run source games in 1080P

This is a quote from Richard Baker, lead engineer of TitanFall

"We've been experimenting with making it higher and lower. One of the big tricks is how much ESRAM we're going to use, so we're thinking of not using hardware MSAA and instead using FXAA to make it so we don't have to have this larger render target,"

Theres more updates coming including an upgraded resolution. For all that check out the article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-ships-at-792p

I'll give them a pass on that then. My other points still stand. 

COMIC SANS

I'll give them a pass on that then. My other points still stand. 

3 and 4 will be corrected or at least improved on. 1, and 2 - maybe

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

source you say? are we to see Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) or Prop Hunt as mods? what about source film maker? interesting... *evil laugh

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

source you say? are we to see Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) or Prop Hunt as mods? what about source film maker? interesting... *evil laugh

. . . 

Source is an engine. Just because a game is powered by Source doesn't mean that it will have the same kind of stuff as other Source games. This applies to every other game engine ever. 

COMIC SANS

3) Jagginess everywhere. It's a freaking Source game. COULD YOU NOT HAVE ENABLED VSYNC???

sorry wat

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

ok well the resolution part of it is ahrd to compare as it is split screen it does show it sized up but you cant tell too much since they are not side by side so in this situation you cant compare resolution however the xbnox one does a look a bit jaggy because of the resolution but if you were to compare these in real life then im sure the jaggedness would be more clear. the pc textures look more detailed but not a huge difference. in conclusion i think the xbox one is close to the pc one but not quite up to scratch (mind you this leaving out resolution as a variable)

The textures inside the titan were really bad on both PC and xboxone. I even noticed this when i played the beta on PC.

In beta I didn't think the textures were all that good on PC tbh

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

well its source but the poly count is far to greater compared to other source games also they made a lot of tweaks to the engine and like he stated titan battles do drops the frame playing on demeter i got from 50 to 30 fps in a sec in a 2v2 carnage but its a bloody well made game, 30 feels playable but its almost a dead sentence while running as a pilot luckily it only dips on titans

The textures inside the titan were really bad on both PC and xboxone. I even noticed this when i played the beta on PC.

i'm sure they made that on purpose to avoid performance hits since you only watch those for 2 seconds

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i'm sure they made that on purpose to avoid performance hits since you only watch those for 2 seconds

That's not the point. I'm not going to be immersed in the game if I notice the shitty textures. If I set the graphics options to high, it means that my hardware is good enough to deal with it and shouldn't be a problem.