IPv6 vs IPv4 latency for e.g. Parsec over Internet?

WereCatf

Has anyone with native dual-stack (no, ds-lite or similar tunneling-based systems aren't applicable here!) ever tested if there's any mentionworthy latency-difference between IPv4 and IPv6 when using e.g. Steam's Remote Play or Parsec over the Internet? Google isn't really returning anything relevant.

The reason I am asking is that my ISP still hasn't implemented IPv6 and is basically asking us, if there's even any point in them bothering with it. For me, remote-work and remote-gaming is a big deal since both my hubby and I do both and so I figured I'd ask if anyone can mention any of their own experiences.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

ISP still hasn't implemented IPv6 and is basically asking us, if there's even any point in them bothering with it.

The fact that eventually in 200 years IPv6 will have taken over for IPv4. 

Comcast used DHCPv6-PD for its IPv6 implementation. I have noticed some sties did seem a bit more responsive when they started offering IPv6. Latency does seem better. Is that IPv6 or the fact Comcast has been adding more Fiber to its network? I cant tell you. Im not sure however if there are websites out there that might be IPv6 only, that would be the other reason to want it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 hours ago, Donut417 said:

The fact that eventually in 200 years IPv6 will have taken over for IPv4.

ISP doesn't care about this argument until there's literally no way of using IPv4 anymore.

6 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have noticed some sties did seem a bit more responsive when they started offering IPv6. Latency does seem better.

"Maybe possibly might could have been a possible tiny difference" doesn't quite work, either, unfortunately.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.