B&H 5900x pre-order status

I just got an email stating that there was higher than expected demand for the 5000 series release and their pre-orders highly exceed their allotted shipment from amd. So my pre-order placed above 2 hours before launch will not be fulfilled until the end of March, at the latest...

Anyone know the best way to buy one for retail prices? This new culture of buying shit that you don't plan to use and resell at a higher prices is complete bullshit 

i feel like most of the demand is for personal use, its that suppliers cant keep up with demand, more and more people are building their own pc or buying them right now than ever, the best way is to get an app that alerts you when they come back in stock

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

11 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

i feel like most of the demand is for personal use, its that suppliers cant keep up with demand

I think this time there is a genuine need for the product and many people are buying it for that. But because of the nvidia fiasco, many scalpers jumped on this as they could smell the blood in the water... It's sickening really and retailers and suppliers should really rethink how products are released 

13 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

the best way is to get an app that alerts you when they come back in stock

What's a good one? 

Built-in Email notifications for sites that support them will be your best bet.

I feel we're in a situation here not quite like anything we've seen previously. Demand is up because people have a lot more free time (still) because of the majority of the world still not fully functioning. Supply is also down because of the same reason. I don't see scalping as the main culprit here.

Someone foolish enough to part with their money for scalping prices has earned the right to be taken advantage of.
Nothing that AMD or Intel have out at the moment is earth-shatteringly game changing. AMD has largely taken the crown from Intel. Intel still doesn't have a good fight to take it back, yet. I don't see many situations wherein consumers buying retail chips will have a significant enough increase in performance to warrant paying scalping prices. My guess is you're likely in the same situation. If you happen to find them in stock through a retailer, buy one. If not, waiting until your order is fulfilled isn't going to be the death of you.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB