Looking for a cooler please help :D

DustHaze
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, DustHaze said:

I just want something efficient and capable of handling games and a stress test without the pc shutting down. 

thermal shutdown would be the result of some seriously catastrophic CPU cooling, if you are currently using that Freezer 7 and it's causing shutdowns you have a more fundamental problem

If you don't already own that cooler, I think it's a fine choice, I personally use a Hyper 212 black which is very quiet with my overclocked i7

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/HyTPxr/cooler-master-hyper-212-black-edition-420-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pk-r1 

Hi everyone,

I'd like have your help in finding the cheapest but a capable cooler for the Intel  I5-10600 non K, this is my build 

I will  appreciate any suggestions.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Your part list is private

image.png.2767f57fc115b0a0de7dd5bb061cc512.png

oh I'll see just a sec

you can always copy the permalink to share a parts list, no need to worry about private/public

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 2.19.55 PM.png

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Your part list is private

image.png.2767f57fc115b0a0de7dd5bb061cc512.png

there you go refresh to see it.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

you can always copy the permalink to share a parts list, no need to worry about private/public

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 2.19.55 PM.png

yeah I just didn't pay attention thx for reminding me

Just now, DustHaze said:

yeah I just didn't pay attention thx for reminding me

are you looking for a cool and quiet CPU cooler? And do you currently have the Arctic Freezer 7 listed?

Since you can't overclock, you wouldn't benefit from a very expensive cooler.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

are you looking for a cool and quiet CPU cooler? And do you currently have the Arctic Freezer 7 listed?

Since you can't overclock, you wouldn't benefit from a very expensive cooler.

I just want something efficient and capable of handling games and a stress test without the pc shutting down.

They said the Arctic is good enough but I'm not sure.

thermal shutdown would be the result of some seriously catastrophic CPU cooling, if you are currently using that Freezer 7 and it's causing shutdowns you have a more fundamental problem

If you don't already own that cooler, I think it's a fine choice, I personally use a Hyper 212 black which is very quiet with my overclocked i7

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/HyTPxr/cooler-master-hyper-212-black-edition-420-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pk-r1 

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

can I get away with having the i5 the K version with this cooler without overclocking it on this motherboard?

2 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

can I get away with having the i5 the K version with this cooler without overclocking it on this motherboard?

you can't overclock on an H410 motherboard, a Z490 motherboard is required.

Do you already have these components? If not, you should make some big part swaps

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

you can't overclock on an H410 motherboard, a Z490 motherboard is required.

Do you already have these components? If not, you should make some big part swaps

so the boost from the the K version is not functional on this motherboard, I mean no manual overclocking just the boost from the factory.

Just now, DustHaze said:

so the boost from the the K version is not functional on this motherboard, I mean no manual overclocking just the boost from the factory.

the boost from the factory is always enabled, it's just turbo boost. overclocking is when you go above the factory boost setting.

by the way, that motherboard has some pretty weak power delivery, it would likely have some trouble sustaining boost clocks in gaming, whether or not the cooler is good. On top of that, with memory locked to 2666, the gaming performance is going to be poor.

I highly recommend a build like this:

The CPU comes with a good cooler in the box, the motherboard has WiFi built in, and a less expensive PSU is still good here. You can afford some faster ram as well.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the boost from the factory is always enabled, it's just turbo boost. overclocking is when you go above the factory boost setting.

by the way, that motherboard has some pretty weak power delivery, it would likely have some trouble sustaining boost clocks in gaming, whether or not the cooler is good. On top of that, with memory locked to 2666, the gaming performance is going to be poor.

The CPU comes with a good cooler in the box, the motherboard has WiFi built in, and a less expensive PSU is still good here. You can afford some faster ram as well.

Thx for the tips but I'd really like keeping the I5, I know the ram is locked by the cpu but it was the cheapest kit I could find, do you think the System Power 9  wont blow on me?

Thx for the tips but I'd really like keeping the I5, I know the ram is locked by the cpu but it was the cheapest kit I could find, do you think the System Power 9  wont blow on me?

The system power 9 is a capable budget PSU, and 500 watts is plenty.

Primary PC:

26 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I forgot to ask you, if I bought the "Gigabyte B460M GAMING HD Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard"  instead, does it have a good power delivery and how do you know it does?

8 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

I forgot to ask you, if I bought the "Gigabyte B460M GAMING HD Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard"  instead, does it have a good power delivery and how do you know it does?

My advice for a motherboard that's powering a 6 core CPU or greater is that it has a VRM heat sink. That motherboard does not have a VRM heat sink.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

My advice for a motherboard that's powering a 6 core CPU or greater is that it has a VRM heat sink. That motherboard does not have a VRM heat sink.

You are right thanks a lot man, I appreciate putting up with my questions, you are the best :D