MSI's DRAGON CENTER SUCKS!

narniaftwxd

Hey! I bought my PC like... 4 months ago and because I own MSI's B450 TOMAHAWK MAX I had to install Dragon Centerrrr which worked good until like... a few weeks ago. 

The problem is that... when I want to run the software, it just pops up with the message "Waiting for UI elements to initialization." and then it dissapears and absolutely nothing happens.

I did some stuff like uninstalling and deleting everything related to this software, going to services and restarting it... but still NOTHING. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, narniaftwxd said:

Hey! I bought my PC like... 4 months ago and because I own MSI's B450 TOMAHAWK MAX I had to install Dragon Centerrrr which worked good until like... a few weeks ago. 

The problem is that... when I want to run the software, it just pops up with the message "Waiting for UI elements to initialization." and then it dissapears and absolutely nothing happens.

I did some stuff like uninstalling and deleting everything related to this software, going to services and restarting it... but still NOTHING. Any ideas?

Run it as administrator, that usually works for me. (Yes their software sucks, I just needed it to turn off RGB, yet the bloat on my system is more than competitors)

2 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Run it as administrator, that usually works for me. (Yes their software sucks, I just needed it to turn off RGB, yet the bloat on my system is more than competitors)

I always run it like that. The result is the same

Don't know if they are any different but have you tried downloading it from your motherboard's support page?

But if you only want to control leds, you can just use their Mysticlight software. Dragon center was absolute trash when I tried it a couple years back but luckily they now have Mysticlight which is only for leds.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

Don't know if they are any different but have you tried downloading it from your motherboard's support page?

But if you only want to control leds, you can just use their Mysticlight software. Dragon center was absolute trash when I tried it a couple years back but luckily they now have Mysticlight which is only for leds.

I have to agree here with @Cyberspirit and try using Mystic Light for LED control software on the motherboard. That's the program I am currently using right now and I bought the MSI GS66 Stealth and Dragon Center on that thing did not even want to open up out of the box due to an SDK initialization failure. After getting it up and running, Dragon Center is pretty useless imo except for the battery charge feature to only charge up to 80%. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

THAT IS TRUE! 

Spoiler

It's why the smart kids use MSI CONTROL CENTER 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder