What you need to run minecraft

Shd0w2

1. go get a job

2. make money fly out of your ass

3. eat bacon

5. i skipped a number

ANYWAYAAAAAA, I asked some of my idiot console gamer friends what they thought it would take to run minecraft, they said top of the line shit, so, I took their advice.

Motherboard:  ASRock X79 Extreme11 EATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($595.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage:  OCZ R4 1.2TB PCI-E Solid State Disk  ($7499.99 @ Mac Mall) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card (4-Way SLI)  ($1105.66 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card (4-Way SLI)  ($1105.66 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Thermaltake VN10006W2N-B ATX Full Tower Case  ($394.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive:  Archgon CB-5021-GB Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.26 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $17083.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 20:11 EDT-0400)

Diamond 5 in League :)

760k cpu will get you a pretty good experience with minecraft. The game is not gpu intensive so that doen't really matter.

you forgot the monitors (3 x 4K monitors), keyboard and mouse.

-snip-

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Are you sure? I think you will barley break 30fps.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

you need a titanblackrti slcross 64tb edition card to run it 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

LOL. It only takes a low to mid-range GPU to run Minecraft pretty well, but if you plan to run the shaders mod, a high end card would be beneficial.

For that setup in the OP, I'm guessing it would run Minesweeper at about 20fps.

No way it could run mine sweeper at that high of an FPS

Nuh uh, he needs a 720p monitor so he can get as many FPSes as possible and be sup3r L33T and a lot of stripes so he can increase howmany jigahertz he has on his hard drive.

oh shit sorry, lemme just grab my dell 30hz monitor, cause the less hz the better am i rite bro?

you need a titanblackrti slcross 64tb edition card to run it 

daaaarn

Are you sure? I think you will barley break 30fps.

but i wanted to ru n shaders!

No, no, no. You need Windows 8.1 Professional as well!!!

very professional wow

LOL. It only takes a low to mid-range GPU to run Minecraft pretty well, but if you plan to run the shaders mod, a high end card would be beneficial.

ikr minesweeper too futuristical

Diamond 5 in League :)

No way it could run mine sweeper at that high of an FPS

Oh, right! What was I thinking? It must be like... 9fps...

so to a console gamer a kindle fire is top of the line? are consoles really that crappy now? must be since my daughters play mine craft on theirs all the time lol.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Really, Minecraft isn't that intensive of a game. My 3.1GHz A8-3850 and 650ti pulls around 200-500FPS maxed out with Optifine. My laptop does around 40-150 on low-med-ish settings with Optifine. (Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz, Quadro NVS 160M overclocked.)

You'd be just fine with an A8 or A10 APU and no GPU. Just remember to install Optifine for more FPS. (Also gives you options like anti-aliasing and the ability for extremely far render distance.)

EDIT: Didn't read through. I feel dumb now.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Minecraft runs at 30-50 FPS on my school's computers on lowest, normal distance, and Optifine. Core 2 Duos with crap Intel graphics. (They can't even play Halo CE in a window bigger than 1024x768 with extremely annoying lag..)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

the funny thing about minecraft is that I think it runs better on HDDs.  I've played minecraft on a very highend system with SSDs and other expensive stuff.  it gets all sorts of lag while the chunks generate.  that may be a problem I need to figure out but from what know you can run minecraft on fancy settings with max chunk loading distance set to maximum on even a very cheaply built computer.  an A8 5500 apu (no GPU) works pretty great on fancy settings with max chunk loading distance (16 blocks).  But I think adding a decent GPU can also help to make it run smoother :)

1. go get a job

2. make money fly out of your ass

3. eat bacon

5. i skipped a number

ANYWAYAAAAAA, I asked some of my idiot console gamer friends what they thought it would take to run minecraft, they said top of the line shit, so, I took their advice.

Motherboard:  ASRock X79 Extreme11 EATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($595.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage:  OCZ R4 1.2TB PCI-E Solid State Disk  ($7499.99 @ Mac Mall) 
Case:  Thermaltake VN10006W2N-B ATX Full Tower Case  ($394.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive:  Archgon CB-5021-GB Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.26 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $17083.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 20:11 EDT-0400)

Thats not gonna cut it!

You need a p3 at 800mhz 256ram 

Voodoo 5 5000 with 32mb gpu ram

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,