What is the difference in between Trace Testing Bandwidth vs Score?

jumbo9i0

What is the difference in between Trace Testing Bandwidth vs Score? 

image.png

image.png

Based on their description I guess that bandwidth is simply the raw bandwidth of the storage device in MB/s. The score on the other hand is based on how much "real world difference" this makes for the tested applications.

Example: Drive B has double the theoretical bandwidth of drive A but load time in WoW only decreased by 10% (because WoW can't actually make use of the additional bandwidth).

It is "trace-based" in the sense that they recorded the disk I/O generated by various applications. To perform the test they "play back" this particular sequence of I/O operations to simulate the behavior of a particular app and then monitor how fast the drive operates.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Usually, the speed is real-data that gets recorded. Any score has base number that is something developers have used as their testing device. All results are compared to that base device, so score is representing difference between tested device and that base device.

This is why you should be skeptical with test scores. They don't usually disclose what are the factors and in which portions used to calculate the score. Where are actual speed, fps or such is pure data you could observe yourself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv