LTT SMTP server blacklisted by Mailspike

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I've disputed it a couple of times before, but for some reason it quickly got blacklisted again (no other spam list seems to have the same problem). I've requested a delisting again now, and it seems to have gone through, so hopefully it sticks this time.

This isn't an issue directly with the forum, but more the infrastructure around it - I have a strict spam filter and when I tried to change my email I found that emails sent by outbound.mail.linustechtips.com were being rejected due to:

Reputation Mailspike DNSBL - see http://mailspike.org/iplookup.html

Had a look on https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3aoutbound.mail.linustechtips.com&run=toolpage and sure enough, the IP is listed by Mailspike.

Not sure how many people have as strict a spam filter as me, but could start causing emails to be missed

Hopefully it's not too difficult to dispute the blocklist addition!

I've disputed it a couple of times before, but for some reason it quickly got blacklisted again (no other spam list seems to have the same problem). I've requested a delisting again now, and it seems to have gone through, so hopefully it sticks this time.

HTTP/2 203

On 11/7/2020 at 4:11 PM, colonel_mortis said:

looks like it's been blacklisted again :( wonder if they will say what's causing it to be blacklisted in the first place?

14 minutes ago, caegrian said:

looks like it's been blacklisted again :( wonder if they will say what's causing it to be blacklisted in the first place?

We had bit of spambot issue while back. Which caused tons of emails being sent and emails containing not-so-nice stuff because of design oversight. Its fixed now, but caused ton of issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

We had bit of spambot issue while back. Which caused tons of emails being sent and emails containing not-so-nice stuff because of design oversight. Its fixed now, but caused ton of issues.

It did cause a ton of issues, but I don't think that's the reason that we're getting reblacklisted after being whitelisted for a bit. However, I don't know why we are, and last time I contacted them I didn't get a response so I don't hold out much hope of being successful this time.

HTTP/2 203