Hello,

I’m running:

Asus B550-f wifi motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor w/ wraith prism cooler

16gb Corsair vengeance rgb pro ram 

EVGA 550 80 plus bronze power supply

MSI Radeon 5600xt graphics card

500gb Samsung 970 plus nvme ssd

I turned on my computer today and was logging in, got to the desktop and randomly a blue screen, no biggie, it restarts and I go back to the log in screen. Log in, and I begin to open applications, when it BSODs again. I begin to panic, as my computer begins to BSOD and go into recovery mode a couple times, and no option I pick within Recovery mode does anything.

The last time I was in Recovery mode, I selected an option, and my computer just shuts off. I turn it back on after hard resetting it, and my DRAM light on my Mobo is lit up amber/orange. I begin to check the ram, and insert it into different configurations the manual suggests, and in the end, am stuck with a dead PC. I have purchased some of the same DDR4 Corasir RGB Ram, and the same issue happens. I have been using this same RAM for months and months...now i have 32GB when i figure out whats wrong haha. 

Thanks!

First things first. Let's try and get the system booting again. 

Clear the cmos. Pull the battery for a min or two then put it back in.

Then pull your ram. Only put one stick in to slot a2. If that doesnt work, try another dim. Keep trying till you get it booting.

Once you get it in to windows, I can show you how to use an app to check the dumps from the blue screens and identify what's failing.

52 minutes ago, Digideath said:

Then pull your ram. Only put one stick in to slot a2. If that doesnt work, try another dim. Keep trying till you get it booting.

Once you get it in to windows, I can show you how to use an app to check the dumps from the blue screens and identify what's failing.

Thank you! I’ll try those steps and report back. 

6 hours ago, Digideath said:

5 hours ago, dyelift2011 said:

Thank you! I’ll try those steps and report back. 

I cleared the CMOS, and shorted it with a screwdriver. Removed the other 3 Ram sticks besides a2, and tried booting. Repeated with all 4 sticks in slot a2, same thing, DRAM light is solid orange and no post. 

Just now, dyelift2011 said:

Should I have cleared the CMOS each time I swapped out a ram stick? 

1 minute ago, dyelift2011 said:

Try a different slot then. Any one. Just one stick. Just incase you have a bad ram slot.

No you shouldn't have to clear the cmos every time you swap out a stick.

13 minutes ago, Digideath said:

Try a different slot then. Any one. Just one stick. Just incase you have a bad ram slot.

No you shouldn't have to clear the cmos every time you swap out a stick.

Okay, so I have 4 ram sticks, all the same type. I was able to use 16gb of it for months without issue, so I don’t think it’s that. The 2 new that I ordered didn’t work either. I tried all 4 in one slot, one by one. Nothing would get it to start. 

Just now, dyelift2011 said:

Okay, so I have 4 ram sticks, all the same type. I was able to use 16gb of it for months without issue, so I don’t think it’s that. The 2 new that I ordered didn’t work either. I tried all 4 in one slot, one by one. Nothing would get it to start. 

This is the ram I have. 3600mhz. 

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TB3R9JB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share