How much would you pay for 5600x

Hello,

I was waiting for Zen 3 and pricing kind of threw me off. 5600x is still in stock in my local store, however it costs whooping 350 eur which is 37% over MSRP. I was expecting higher price than 3600, however can I really justify 50% more?

Thank you for any help with this.

Just now, Cris.py said:

Hello,

I was waiting for Zen 3 and pricing kind of threw me off. 5600x is still in stock in my local store, however it costs whooping 350 eur which is 37% over MSRP. I was expecting higher price than 3600, however can I really justify 50% more?

Thank you for any help with this.

No, don't help scalpers, this is the price of the 5800x

8 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

5800X MSRP is 449$.

@OP

But anyway, i can still find stock on german retailers for 310-320€. I'd not pay more than that.

MSRP is 299$, so 350 is not that much more expensive. Idk how you calculated the 37%...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Ankh tech tips said:

This is not scalped, this is official price on a shelf in a store ... hardware here is generally very expensive (and so it doesn't sell out so quickly)

Just now, Stahlmann said:

5800X MSRP is 459$.

But anyway, i can still find stock on german retailers for 310-320€. I'd not pay more than that.

Which ones? I was looking at amazon.de and couldn't find any. Would need EU delivery tho.

2 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

Which ones? I was looking at amazon.de and couldn't find any. Would need EU delivery tho.

https://www.cyberport.de/pc-und-zubehoer/komponenten/prozessoren-cpu/amd/pdp/2001-71p/amd-ryzen-5-5600x-6x-3-7-ghz-36-mb-sockel-am4-cpu-box-wraith-stealth-kuehler-.html

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

4 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

Nvm. I'ts sold out for the MSRP listings.

Cyberport.de still sells it for 339 + shipping, so it would basically cost the same as if you were buying it from the local store.

Still, if you don't think paying extra 50€ over MSRP is worth it, go for it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Nvm. I'ts sold out for the MSRP listings.

Cyberport.de still sells it for 339 + shipping, so it would basically cost the same as if you were buying it from the local store.

Still, if you don't think paying extra 50€ over MSRP is worth it, go for it.

it's more than 50, you're forgetting USD -> EUR conversion which is big atm ;) 

still, I'm not in a hurry, I might wait few weeks and maybe get it on Amazon.de as it's usually cheapest there.

4 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

it's more than 50, you're forgetting USD -> EUR conversion which is big atm ;) 

You can't really just convert it. A 299$ MSRP will always be a 299€ MSRP. That's just how it works with the tech stuff.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

You can't really just convert it. A 299$ MSRP will always be a 299€ MSRP. That's just how it works with the tech stuff.

how??? so 300 usd msrp is 300 kwd (999 usd)??

3 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

how??? so 300 usd msrp is 300 kwd (999 usd)??

Obviously not world-wide. But with USD$ to EUR€ it has always been this way. But for UK customers it is converted to 280 pounds for example.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Obviously not world-wide. But with USD$ to EUR€ it has always been this way. But for UK customers it is converted to 280 pounds for example.

But I can't find it anywhere, and amazon.co.uk sells the 5600x for 500 dollars

1 minute ago, Ankh tech tips said:

But I can't find it anywhere, and amazon.co.uk sells the 5600x for 500 dollars

Yeah the 280 pound number is only the MSRP. Most retailers are not selling at MSRP anymore because of the big demand. Luckily i ordered mine yesterday for 299€. Should arrive tommorow or monday ;)

Like with the RTX 3000 GPUs, if you actually wanted one for MSRP, you had to buy them directly at launch (which was pretty much impossible). Every listing since then is worlds more expensive.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Yeah the 280 pound number is only the MSRP. Most retailers are not selling at MSRP anymore because of the big demand. Luckily i ordered mine yesterday for 299€. Should arrive tommorow or monday ;)

Like with the RTX 3000 GPUs, if you actually wanted one for MSRP, you had to buy them directly at launch (which was pretty much impossible). Every listing since then is worlds more expensive.

maybe it'll better later on, why did corona suddenly encourage scalpers? Something like what overclockers uk did, it's just some programming, not money.

9 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

why did corona suddenly encourage scalpers?

Because of corona many more people are at home and waiting to upgrade or build new PCs. Because of the extremely high demand, scalpers knew that they could make easy money if the can sell hardware over the market price. Scalpers are really just people taking advantage of the market and other people. In the end most of the hardware is not used by anyone who actually uses their free-time to play games, but sitting on a shelf of some scalper waiting to sell it for double the price on ebay.

Just think about it: You buy a 699$ RTX 3080 and then succesfully sell it for 1400$ or more on ebay. You just made easy 700$ and literally had to do nothing but buy and sell an item. That's why it's such a big problem. So many people selling 3080s on ebay know nothing about computers and literally only bought it so they can sell it for more and get easy money.

AMD themselfs were selling the 5600x for about 310€ shipped, 325€ shipped is the maximum I'm willing to spend.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08166SLDF?tag=pcp06-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

This one was literally 475€ yesterday, this is just ridiculous.

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15