Will a gtx 1050 ti work with my 240 watt power supply?

Hello, so I have an old hp compaq elite 8300 sff, it has an intel core i5 3570 and 8gb of ram ddr3 and i would like to upgrade it with a gtx 1650 or a 1050 ti but I'm not sure if it will work with my 240 watt power supply. Will it work?

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Will the 1650 or 1050 Ti fit?

Your power supply may not have any PCIe power connectors as well.

My motherboard has a PCIe slot and yeah it will fit.

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Only if neither requires PCIe power.

The 1050 ti gets its power just from the PCIe slot so i think it should work?

When it comes to those SFF systems, the cost investment in those small form factor cards tends to be a really bad value proposition. I recommend a different course of action:

1) Get your hands on the cheapest case you can, some DDR3, and a used motherboard. Put your 3570  and 8GB of ram into the motherboard, slap that in the case, and use a standard power supply, and never have to worry about physical compatibility again. Get a used i3-3220 or something, cheap as you can get, and sell the compaq (might want to transition to an SSD since that's a massive difference to the experience.)

2) Get a super cheap Dell Optiplex (not SFF) and a standard power supply. The optiplex 790, for example, is compatible with RX 470 and 570 models, a great choice for an ultra budget system.

I just cannot recommend a 1650 or 1050 ti, the value is so poor.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

When it comes to those SFF systems, the cost investment in those small form factor cards tends to be a really bad value proposition. I recommend a different course of action:

1) Get your hands on the cheapest case you can, some DDR3, and a used motherboard. Put your 3570  and 8GB of ram into the motherboard, slap that in the case, and use a standard power supply, and never have to worry about physical compatibility again. Get a used i3-3220 or something, cheap as you can get, and sell the compaq (might want to transition to an SSD since that's a massive difference to the experience.)

2) Get a super cheap Dell Optiplex (not SFF) and a standard power supply. The optiplex 790, for example, is compatible with RX 470 and 570 models, a great choice for an ultra budget system.

I just cannot recommend a 1650 or 1050 ti, the value is so poor.

In my country I can't get a dell optiplex or a used motherboard and a gtx 1050 ti or 1650 are the only cheap graphics cards in my country and when i say cheap you can't get one for cheaper than literally 220 dollar :(